Jam Lose at Home to Spurs
BAKERSFIELD, CA - The Bakersfield Jam (22-26) fell to the Austin Spurs (28-20) 112-104 Tuesday night at the Dignity Health Event Center. Askia Booker led the Jam with 27 points on 9-of-15 shooting, including 4-of-6 from beyond the arc, to go along with a game-high seven assists.
The Spurs shot 58.3 percent from the field in the opening period, compared to the Jam's 47.6 percent, and went into the second frame ahead 32-24. Bakersfield took its first lead of the game at the 5:08 mark of the second quarter (42-41), but it wouldn't last long as Austin quickly regained the lead and held a 54-49 advantage at halftime.
The third quarter was a rough one for the Jam as they scored just 13 points and shot 18.2 percent from the floor. Austin entered the fourth period with an 81-62 lead. In the final frame, Bakersfield put up 42 points, including 7-of-13 from three-point land, and had their 25-point deficit cut to six (104-98) with 39.6 seconds left. Despite a strong effort to get back in the game, the Jam's rally fell short at the end.
Terrico White finished with 22 points, eight rebounds and five assists, while Xavier Silas also tallied 22 points. Cory Jefferson added 14 points and eight rebounds.
Seven players scored in double-figures for the Spurs, led by Keifer Sykes (22) and Cady Lalanne (18). Atlanta Hawks assignee Lamar Patterson had 14 points off the bench and Walter Tavares, also on assignment from the Hawks, posted 10 points, seven rebounds and six blocks.
Bakersfield will play its final two games of the season in Reno, Nevada when they take on the Bighorns on Friday, April 1 and on Saturday, April 2. Both games tip-off at 7:00 p.m. PT.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 29, 2016
- Jam Lose at Home to Spurs - Bakersfield Jam
- Blue Edged by Vipers - Oklahoma City Blue
- Sioux Falls Sets New Record with 39th Victory - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Westchester Knicks Clinch First-Ever Playoff Berth - Westchester Knicks
- Iowa Energy Fall to the Sioux Falls Skyforce - Iowa Wolves
- Vipers' Harrell and Jam's Cooke Jr. Suspended - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Vipers' Harrell and Jam's Cooke Jr. Suspended - G League
- Coty Clarke Returns to Red Claws - Maine Red Claws
- Grand Rapids Drive Hosts Skin Cancer Awareness Night - Grand Rapids Drive
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.