Vipers' Harrell and Jam's Cooke Jr. Suspended
March 29, 2016 - NBA G League (G League) News Release
NEW YORK - The NBA Development League today announced that Montrezl Harrell, a Houston Rockets forward on assignment with the Rio Grande Valley Vipers, has been suspended five games without pay for pushing a game official to the floor during an altercation with Bakersfield Jam forward Derek Cooke Jr. Cooke Jr. has been suspended one game without pay for pushing Harrell during the incident.
The incidents occurred immediately following the final play of the Jam's 119-115 victory at State Farm Arena in Hidalgo, Texas on Saturday, March 26.
Harrell will begin his suspension tonight when Rio Grande Valley faces the Oklahoma City Blue at Cox Convention Center. He is ineligible to be recalled to the Rockets until he has completed the full term of his suspension in the NBA D-League.
Cooke Jr. will serve his suspension tonight when the Jam hosts the Austin Spurs at the Dignity Health Event Center.
To view the play, click on the following link: https://youtu.be/00GRai0ce8A.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 29, 2016
- Jam Lose at Home to Spurs - Bakersfield Jam
- Blue Edged by Vipers - Oklahoma City Blue
- Sioux Falls Sets New Record with 39th Victory - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Westchester Knicks Clinch First-Ever Playoff Berth - Westchester Knicks
- Iowa Energy Fall to the Sioux Falls Skyforce - Iowa Wolves
- Vipers' Harrell and Jam's Cooke Jr. Suspended - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Vipers' Harrell and Jam's Cooke Jr. Suspended - G League
- Coty Clarke Returns to Red Claws - Maine Red Claws
- Grand Rapids Drive Hosts Skin Cancer Awareness Night - Grand Rapids Drive
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.