Iowa Energy Fall to the Sioux Falls Skyforce
Sioux Falls, SD - The Iowa Energy (24-24) fell 125-107 to the Sioux Falls Skyforce (39-9) Tuesday night at the Sanford Pentagon.
The Energy were led by Ramon Harris with 23 points and five rebounds. James Ennis added 21 points and five rebounds and Andrew Harrison posted 18 points and two rebounds. The Skyforce were led by Jarnell Stokes and DeAndre Liggins with 23 points each.
It was a close start to the game with five ties and three lead changes between the Energy and Skyforce. Iowa was able to open up a brief seven-point lead before Sioux Falls would come back to tie the game 28-28 at the end of the first quarter. Ennis led the Energy with eight points. It remained a close game in the second quarter. Iowa was able to hold the lead for most of the quarter before Sioux Falls would come back and take a seven-point lead at halftime, 57-50. Harris led Iowa with 15 first half points.
The Energy quickly erased the halftime deficit to start the third quarter. Sioux Falls responded and opened up a 16-point lead as they shot 72 percent to outscore the Energy 36-30 to hold a 93-80 lead heading into the fourth quarter. The Energy were able to get the lead down to six points halfway through the fourth quarter. The Skyforce worked the lead back to 17 points with 2:00 to play. Sioux Falls would go on to win 125-107. With the loss, Iowa was eliminated from the playoff race.
The Energy return home Thursday at 7 p.m. and finish the season Saturday night at 7 p.m. at Wells Fargo Arena.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 29, 2016
- Jam Lose at Home to Spurs - Bakersfield Jam
- Blue Edged by Vipers - Oklahoma City Blue
- Sioux Falls Sets New Record with 39th Victory - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Westchester Knicks Clinch First-Ever Playoff Berth - Westchester Knicks
- Iowa Energy Fall to the Sioux Falls Skyforce - Iowa Wolves
- Vipers' Harrell and Jam's Cooke Jr. Suspended - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Vipers' Harrell and Jam's Cooke Jr. Suspended - G League
- Coty Clarke Returns to Red Claws - Maine Red Claws
- Grand Rapids Drive Hosts Skin Cancer Awareness Night - Grand Rapids Drive
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Iowa Wolves Stories
- Bates-Diop Assigned to Iowa
- Wolves Band Together in Second Half, Defeat Legends at Home
- Wolves Fend off Clippers, Earn First Victory of Season
- Wolves Acquire Returning Player Rights to Diamond Stone in Trade with Salt Lake City
- Wolves Drop Contest to Lakers in Final Seconds