Bighorns Defeat the Jam in Final Regular Season Game
RENO, NV ---- The 2015-16 NBA D-League Pacific Division Champion Reno Bighorns (33-17) defeated the Bakersfield Jam (22-28) 133-127 during their final regular season game of the 2015-16 season Saturday night at the Reno Events Center.
Kadeem Jack recorded a double-double with 28 points and 11 rebounds to lead the Bighorns. Akeem Richmond notched 27 points and six rebounds as Ricky Ledo had 19 points and two rebounds. David Stockton totaled 18 points and four assists.
Deonte Burton led the Jam with 24 points, eight rebounds and two assists. Xavier Silas totaled 23 points and seven rebounds while Renaldo Major added 21 points, six rebounds and three assists for the Jam.
The Bighorns opened up the game going on a 7-2 run behind two triples in the first minute of play from Ledo. The teams would exchange the lead and tie twice in a matter of two minutes before the Jam would take control of the lead after a lay-up from Burton. The Bighorns would close the deficit to one-point after a three sunk from Richmond with one minute to play. The Bighorns would end the first trailing the Jam 33-30.
Ledo would connect with a three in the opening seconds of the second quarter before the Bighorns would go on a 12-4 run, tying the score at 42 with 9:26 remaining in the first half. The Bighorns would chip away at the Jam making it a tied game two more times in the quarter. The Bighorns would go into the locker room trailing the Jam 74-67. Jack would score 13 of his 28 points in the second going 4-4 from the field.
The Jam would open the second half on a 6-2 run before the Bighorns would respond with an 11-4 run making it a two-point game at the seven minute mark. The Jam would have a 17-point lead over the Bighorns with five minutes on the clock, giving the Jam their biggest lead of the night. The Bighorns would go on an 8-2 run at the end of the quarter making it 103-101 at the end of the third with the Bighorns trailing the Jam.
The fourth quarter was a tightly contest battle, with five ties and five lead changes. The Bighorns would tie the game at 109 with eight minutes left to play. After a three from Richmond, the Bighorns would take control of the lead for the first time since the first quarter with a 115-113 advantage over the Jam with 5:30 left in play. The Jam would control the lead two more times in the quarter before the Bighorns would go on a 7-2 run to earn a 133-127 victory over the Jam.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from April 3, 2016
- Jazz Recall Tibor Pleiss from Idaho Stampede - Idaho Stampede
- Bighorns First Round Playoff Schedule Announced - Reno Bighorns
- Southwest Division Champion Austin Spurs to Begin Playoffs in Rio Grande Valley on April 5 - Austin Spurs
- D-Fenders Playoff Schedule Set - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Western Conference Semifinals Schedule Set - G League
- Jam Come up Short in Regular Season Finale - Bakersfield Jam
- Dawkins Posts 25 in Legends' Loss to Spurs - Texas Legends
- Bighorns Defeat the Jam in Final Regular Season Game - Reno Bighorns
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Reno Bighorns Stories
- Bighorns Drop Western Conference Semifinals to Lakers
- Coach Martin to Donate One Thousand Tickets to Local Non-Profits for Tuesday's Playoff Game
- Reno Bighorns to Play in Western Conference Semifinals on April 3
- Statement from the Reno Bighorns and Sacramento Kings Regarding the Passing of Zeke Upshaw
- Bighorns Earn Pacific Division Title with Win over Warriors