Red Claws Top BayHawks
Erie, PA - The Maine Red Claws, presented by Unum, used a hot-shooting three point attack to cruise past the Erie BayHawks Friday night, 102-90. The Red Claws have won two of three and improve to 14-12 on the season.
Levi Randolph led Maine with 23 points off the bench on 9-14 shooting. Omari Johnson added 21 points, all on 7 made three pointers (7-12 from downtown). Coty Clarke added 18 from the bench as well, and Andre Stringer scored 14 points and dished out 7 assists in a starting role.
The Red Claws started shooting the ball well. Johnson drained three early three pointers, but at the end of the first quarter the lead was only three. Maine led 31-28 going into the 2nd. The Claws would extend that lead in the second period - Maine made 12 of 24 three point attempts in the first half - and a slow quarter from Erie (9-17) found Maine with a 58-46 lead. The Claws led by as many as 18 points.
The Red Claws let Erie right back in the game with a dismal shooting 3rd quarter. Maine only scored 16 points in the third, and the BayHawks finished the quarter on a 6-0 run. The lead was just three for Maine at 74-71.
Erie would take the lead for the first time in the 4th quarter. Adreian Payne's running shot and the ensuing free throw put Erie up 82-79. Down by one point, Maine came out of a timeout and went on a 14-2 run to take command of the game for good. Stringer's clutch three put the game away.
Payne led all scorers with 27 points and added 10 rebounds, but also had 9 turnovers in the game, which is a Red Claws record for turnovers by an opponent.
The Red Claws shot 51% from the field (35-69) and 45% from downtown (18-40). Erie shot 47% (38-81), but just 2-16 from beyond the three-point arc.
Maine's four-game road trip continues tomorrow night at Fort Wayne with a 7:30 p.m. tip against the Mad Ants. The Red Claws return home on Saturday, Feb. 6. Tickets are on sale by calling 207-210-6655 or visiting MaineRedClaws.com.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 29, 2016
- Austin Spurs Edge Idaho Stampede, 93-85 - Idaho Stampede
- Austin Spurs Edge Idaho Stampede, 93-85 - Austin Spurs
- Fourth Quarter Run Propels Skyforce to Eleventh Straight Home - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Westchester Knicks Suffer Fourth Quarter Scorch from Sioux Falls Skyforce - Westchester Knicks
- Ronald Roberts Jr. records career-high 21 rebounds in win - Raptors 905
- Three-Point Shooting Lifts Red Claws over BayHawks - Erie BayHawks
- Red Claws Top BayHawks - Maine Red Claws
- Erie BayHawks Complete Trade with Los Angeles D-Fenders - Erie BayHawks
- Elliot Williams Named 2016 NBA D-League All-Star - Santa Cruz Warriors
- D-Fenders Acquire Lazar Hayward and Michael Holyfield in Two Separate Trades - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Iowa Energy Acquire Zach Andrews and Two Draft Picks - Iowa Wolves
- Mad Ants Acquire L.D. Williams - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Ronald Roberts Jr. Named to NBA D-League Eastern Conference All-Star Team - Raptors 905
- Fox Sports Southwest to Televise Four Austin Spurs Games - Austin Spurs
- Rakeem Christmas Named to the 2016 NBA D-League All-Start Game - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Thanasis Antetokounmpo Signs 10-Day Contract with New York Knicks - Westchester Knicks
- Keith Appling Named 2016 NBA D-League All-Star - Erie BayHawks
- Xavier Munford Named NBA D-League All-Star - Bakersfield Jam
- Alex Stepheson Named 2016 NBA D-League All-Star - Iowa Wolves
- Green and Hunter Selected to 2015 NBA Development League All-Star Game - Reno Bighorns
- Kelley, Liggins and Stokes Selected as NBA D-League All-Stars - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Jimmer Fredette Selected to 2016 NBA Development League All-Star Team - Westchester Knicks
- Jordan Mickey Named NBA D-League All-Star - Maine Red Claws
- Blue, Harper Named to NBA Development League All-Star Game - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Sixteen NBA Veterans Headline Rosters for NBA Development League All-Star Game - G League
- Westchester Knicks Acquire Keith Bogans - Westchester Knicks
- Whittington Joins Mad Ants - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Rockets Recall Montrezl Harrell and K.J. McDaniels from Rio Grande Valley - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Magic Sign Guard Keith Appling to Second 10-Day Contract - Erie BayHawks
- Spurs Assign Ray McCallum to Austin Spurs - Austin Spurs
- Bighorns Outlast the Jam - Reno Bighorns
- Bakersfield Falls Short to Reno 138-135 - Bakersfield Jam
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.