Rockford Hold off Moose, 4-2
The Manitoba Moose (12-12-0-0) were defeated by the Rockford IceHogs (12-8-0-1) 4-2 on Tuesday night at BMO Harris Bank Center.
The game got off to a busy start as four goals were exchanged between the clubs in the first period. MacKenzie Entwistle started things off for the IceHogs as he scored the first goal of the game on a man advantage just over four minutes into the first. IceHogs netminder Collin Delia got in on the action and notched an assist on Entwistle's tally. Rockford's lead did not last long as 34 seconds later Jansen Harkins sent a slick pass to Seth Griffith who found the back of the net tying the game at 1-1. Midway through the period, Joni Tuulola scored and gave the IceHogs the 2-1 advantage. With 5:12 remaining in the first period, JC Lipon got his own rebound on shot that hit the post and found Skyler McKenzie in front of the net who tied the game 2-2.
The clubs had plenty of opportunities in the second to find the back of the net as five power play opportunities were racked up between the teams. With less than five minutes remaining in the second period, Brandon Hagel scored the eventual game-winner for the IceHogs giving them the 3-2 advantage heading into the third.
The Moose were unable to find the equalizer in the third frame. With 31 seconds remaining in the third period, Nick Moutrey found Manitoba's empty net stamping their 4-2 victory.
Jansen Harkins is currently on a five-game point streak (1G, 6A)
Harkins currently leads the AHL with 28 points (6G, 22A) in 24 games
Skyler McKenzie is currently on a two-game goal streak (2G) What's Next?
The Moose return home to take on the Chicago Wolves on Friday, Dec. 6. Tickets are available at moosehockey.com/tickets.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from December 4, 2019
- Wolves Prey on Griffins - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Phantoms Set Franchise Record with 63 Shots - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Desrosiers, Magnifique - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Penalties Hurt Monsters in 3-2 Loss to Rocket - Cleveland Monsters
- Chicago Wolves Whip Griffins - Chicago Wolves
- Charlotte Stomps Syracuse 5-1 for Road Win - Charlotte Checkers
- Crunch Surpassed by Checkers, 5-1 - Syracuse Crunch
- 'Canes Recall Gibbons from Charlotte - Charlotte Checkers
- Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Forward Cory Conacher to Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Kyrou's Hat Trick Leads Rampage Past Wild - San Antonio Rampage
- Game 22 Preview: Colorado at Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Wild Stumble in San Antonio with 5-1 Loss - Iowa Wild
- Marlies in Rochester for Midweek Meeting with the Americans - Toronto Marlies
- BSens in the Community - Belleville Senators
- Ottawa Reassigns Chlapik to Belleville - Belleville Senators
- Canucks Reassign David Pope from Kalamazoo to Utica - Utica Comets
- Flames Assign Austin Czarnik on Conditioning Stint - Stockton Heat
- Binghamton Devils Hosting Annual CHOW Food Drive Until December 13 - Binghamton Devils
- Preds Reassign Olivier to Milwaukee - Milwaukee Admirals
- Flyers Recall F Mikhail Vorobyev - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Heat Host Reign in Midweek Clash - Stockton Heat
- Rochester Americans Game Preview: Wednesday, December 4, 2019 vs. Toronto Marlies - Rochester Americans
- Luukkonen Named ECHL Goaltender of the Month - Rochester Americans
- Starting December Right - Tucson Roadrunners
- Eagles Doubled-Up by Roadrunners, 6-3 - Colorado Eagles
- Rockford Hold off Moose, 4-2 - Manitoba Moose
- Texas Soars Past Milwaukee with 5-1 Victory - Texas Stars
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Manitoba Moose Stories
- Jets Claim Anton Forsberg off Waivers
- Jets Reassign Seven Players to the Manitoba Moose
- Jets Sign MIkhail Berdin to a Contract Extension
- Moose Launch Sixth Annual "Share the Warmth" Campaign
- Winnipeg Jets and Manitoba Moose to Run Virtual HFC Campaigns Throughout November