Flyers Recall F Mikhail Vorobyev
Lehigh Valley, Pa. - The Philadelphia Flyers have announced today that they have recalled forward Mikhail Vorobyev from their American Hockey League affiliate, the Lehigh Valley Phantoms.
Vorobyev, 22, is currently in his third full season playing in North America. In 19 games for Lehigh Valley this season he has totaled 14 points on five goals and nine assists. He recorded a career-high three assists on November 22 against the Charlotte Checkers. Vorobyev ranks second on the Phantoms in both goals and assists this season. He played in 42 games for the Phantoms last year, tallying 26 points on seven goals and 19 assists.
A fourth round pick (#104) by the Philadelphia Flyers in 2015 NHL draft, Vorobyev has played 6 games for Philadelphia this year and has tallied one assist. He played 15 games for the Flyers last season after making his NHL debut on October 4, 2018 against the Vegas Golden Knights. He scored his first NHL goal in his second game on October 6 against the Colorado Avalanche.
A native of Ufa, Russia, Vorobyev played two seasons in the KHL from 2015-17 before coming over to North America. He totaled 14 points (5G, 9A) in 72 games for Ufa Salavat Yulayev.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from December 4, 2019
- Wolves Prey on Griffins - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Phantoms Set Franchise Record with 63 Shots - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Desrosiers, Magnifique - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Penalties Hurt Monsters in 3-2 Loss to Rocket - Cleveland Monsters
- Chicago Wolves Whip Griffins - Chicago Wolves
- Charlotte Stomps Syracuse 5-1 for Road Win - Charlotte Checkers
- Crunch Surpassed by Checkers, 5-1 - Syracuse Crunch
- 'Canes Recall Gibbons from Charlotte - Charlotte Checkers
- Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Forward Cory Conacher to Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Kyrou's Hat Trick Leads Rampage Past Wild - San Antonio Rampage
- Game 22 Preview: Colorado at Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Wild Stumble in San Antonio with 5-1 Loss - Iowa Wild
- Marlies in Rochester for Midweek Meeting with the Americans - Toronto Marlies
- BSens in the Community - Belleville Senators
- Ottawa Reassigns Chlapik to Belleville - Belleville Senators
- Canucks Reassign David Pope from Kalamazoo to Utica - Utica Comets
- Flames Assign Austin Czarnik on Conditioning Stint - Stockton Heat
- Binghamton Devils Hosting Annual CHOW Food Drive Until December 13 - Binghamton Devils
- Preds Reassign Olivier to Milwaukee - Milwaukee Admirals
- Flyers Recall F Mikhail Vorobyev - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Heat Host Reign in Midweek Clash - Stockton Heat
- Rochester Americans Game Preview: Wednesday, December 4, 2019 vs. Toronto Marlies - Rochester Americans
- Luukkonen Named ECHL Goaltender of the Month - Rochester Americans
- Starting December Right - Tucson Roadrunners
- Eagles Doubled-Up by Roadrunners, 6-3 - Colorado Eagles
- Rockford Hold off Moose, 4-2 - Manitoba Moose
- Texas Soars Past Milwaukee with 5-1 Victory - Texas Stars
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Lehigh Valley Phantoms Stories
- Astounding Ustimenko in 2-1 Loss at Syracuse
- Mark Friedman Returned to Lehigh Valley
- The Ghost Returns for his First Phantoms Game in 4 Years
- NHL Defensemen Shayne Gostisbehere Joins Phantoms for Conditioning
- Phantoms Acquire G Tom McCollum and F Lewis Zerter-Gossage