Robinson Blasts Third Homer in Cougar Win
Davenport, Iowa - Kristian Robinson's three-run homer powered the Kane County Cougars (74-57, 39-23) past the Quad Cities River Bandits (77-51, 34-28) 8-2 on Sunday night at Modern Woodmen Park. The Cougars magic number dropped to five with the combination of a win and Wisconsin's loss.
In the top of the third inning, the Cougars hung six runs on the River Bandits. Keshawn Lynch began the scoring with an RBI double to make it 1-0. Zack Shannon followed with a two-run single. The rally-capping swing came from Kristian Robinson with a three-run bomb - his third Midwest Leauge homer - to give the Cougars a 6-0 edge. In the top of the fifth, Blaze Alexander drove in Dominic Fletcher on a triple, increasing the advantage to 7-0.
The River Bandits crawled closer on a pair of A.J. Lee RBIs. Lee had an RBI ground out in the fifth and an RBI double in the seventh. However, the Cougars punctuated the victory with a ninth inning tally when Keshawn Lynch scored on an error by Quad Cities third baseman Freudis Nova.
Adrian Del Moral (3-3) earned the victorious decision with five innings of one-run ball with four hits, four strikeouts and one walk. Matt Ruppenthal (5-7) suffered the loss, allowing all six runs in the third inning.
The Cougars and River Bandits play game three of the four-game series on Monday night at 6:35. Follow the action live on AM 1280 WBIG or on kccougars.com.
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from August 25, 2019
- Cougars Turn Tables on Bandits with 8-2 Win - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Robinson Blasts Third Homer in Cougar Win - Kane County Cougars
- Chiefs Stun Kernels with Nine-Run Ninth - Peoria Chiefs
- Burlington Walks-Off with 3-2 Win on Soto Single - Burlington Bees
- Hot Streak Continues in 4-2 Win - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Edwards Homers Twice in Thumping of Wisconsin - Clinton LumberKings
- Peoria Prevails at Cedar Rapids - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Clinton Clubs Rattlers 12-1 - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Nuts Nose out Loons, 3-2 - Lansing Lugnuts
- Captains Break Tie in 8th, Edge Dragons 3-2 - Dayton Dragons
- Harris Homers, But Fort Wayne Falls Short - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Finfrock Finds Needed Outs in Ninth - Great Lakes Loons
- Delgado Carries Captains - Lake County Captains
- Hot Rods and Cubs Postponed on Sunday Afternoon - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Byron Buxton joins Kernels on MLB rehab assignment - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- TinCaps Game Notes: August 25 at West Michigan (Game 130) - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Dayton Dragons GameDay Notes for Sunday, August 25 - Dayton Dragons
- 'Caps Win 7th of Last 10 - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Cubs Continue Playoff Push with 2-1 Win over Bowling Green - South Bend Cubs
- Cougars Lose, Race Tightens - Kane County Cougars
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.