Dayton Dragons GameDay Notes for Sunday, August 25
Sunday, August 25, 2019 l Game # 62 (132)
Classic Park l Eastlake, Ohio l 1:30 p.m.
Radio: Fox Sports 980 WONE
Dayton Dragons (27-34, 55-76) at Lake County Captains (29-32, 69-61)
RH Lyon Richardson (3-9, 4.30) vs. LH Eli Lingos (3-3, 3.86)
Today's Game: The Dayton Dragons (affiliate of the Cincinnati Reds) meet the Lake County Captains (affiliate of the Cleveland Indians) in the second game of a four-game series.
Last Game: Saturday: Dayton 3, Lake County 0. Dragons pitchers Adrian Rodriguez, Eddy Demurias, and Matt Pidich combined on a one-hit shutout. Matt Lloyd had a two-run home run and Ernesto Liberatore went 3 for 4 with a solo homer. All three Dayton runs came in the fourth inning. Rodriguez went seven innings and threw 102 pitches in the game to become the first Dayton pitcher this season to reach triple-digits. The game marked the Dragons second one-hit shutout of the year.
The Dragons are batting .321 as a team over their last eight games (87 for 271).
Dragons pitchers have posted a 2.20 ERA over the last 11 games, allowing 24 earned runs in 98 innings. They have gone 6-5 in those 11 games.
Miguel Hernandez over his last nine games is 14 for 30 (.467) with six doubles and triple. He is batting .348 in August (21 G) to rank second in the Reds organization (behind Daytona's Jose Garcia) among qualified hitters based on total plate appearances.
Morgan Lofstrom over his last 12 games is batting .381 with one home run and nine runs batted in. He is batting .370 in August (14 G).
Juan Martinez has a nine-game hitting streak, going 11 for 35 (.314) with two home runs.
Jay Schuyler over his last 30 games is batting .295.
Michael Siani over his last eight games is 13 for 34 (.382) with a home run. Since May 24, Siani is batting .290 (seventh in the MWL).
Randy Ventura over his last eight games is 11 for 35, batting .314. He has a five-game hitting streak.
Cameron Warren is batting .360 over his last seven games, going 9 for 25.
Adrian Rodriguez in the month of August has posted an ERA of 0.71 in five games (four starts) (25.1 IP, 2 ER). His ERA leads the MWL and the Reds organization for the month among qualified pitchers.
Connor Curlis in the month of August has posted an ERA of 1.16 in four starts (23.1 IP, 3 ER).
Clate Schmidt in the month of August has posted an ERA of 2.14 in seven games (two starts) (21 IP, 5 ER).
Matt Pidich over his last 29 games: 1.46 ERA, 49.1 IP, 30 H, 16 R, 8 ER, 14 BB, 55 SO.
Eddy Demurias over his last five games: 0.00 ERA, 10 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 8 SO.
Upcoming Probable Pitchers (Game times are Dayton time) (All games on WONE 980 AM and www.daytondragons.com)
Monday, August 26 (7:00 p.m.): Dayton RH Jordan Johnson (no record) at Lake County RH Alex Royalty (5-8, 4.47)
Tuesday, August 27 (12:00 noon): Dayton RH Eduardo Salazar (6-3, 4.05) at Lake County RH Shane McCarthy (4-3, 4.11)
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from August 25, 2019
- Cougars Turn Tables on Bandits with 8-2 Win - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Robinson Blasts Third Homer in Cougar Win - Kane County Cougars
- Chiefs Stun Kernels with Nine-Run Ninth - Peoria Chiefs
- Burlington Walks-Off with 3-2 Win on Soto Single - Burlington Bees
- Hot Streak Continues in 4-2 Win - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Edwards Homers Twice in Thumping of Wisconsin - Clinton LumberKings
- Peoria Prevails at Cedar Rapids - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Clinton Clubs Rattlers 12-1 - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Nuts Nose out Loons, 3-2 - Lansing Lugnuts
- Captains Break Tie in 8th, Edge Dragons 3-2 - Dayton Dragons
- Harris Homers, But Fort Wayne Falls Short - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Finfrock Finds Needed Outs in Ninth - Great Lakes Loons
- Delgado Carries Captains - Lake County Captains
- Hot Rods and Cubs Postponed on Sunday Afternoon - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Byron Buxton joins Kernels on MLB rehab assignment - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- TinCaps Game Notes: August 25 at West Michigan (Game 130) - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Dayton Dragons GameDay Notes for Sunday, August 25 - Dayton Dragons
- 'Caps Win 7th of Last 10 - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Cubs Continue Playoff Push with 2-1 Win over Bowling Green - South Bend Cubs
- Cougars Lose, Race Tightens - Kane County Cougars
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Dayton Dragons Stories
- Dragons Special 50/50 Raffle to Benefit COVID-19 Response Fund & African-American Community Fund
- Dayton Dragons 2020 Season Is Cancelled
- Dayton Dragons Issue Statement Regarding Governor's Order
- Dayton Dragons 2020 Team Preview, Part 3: Second Basemen
- Dayton Dragons 2020 Team Preview, Part 2: First Basemen