River Cats Outfielder Chris Carter Named to 2010 All-Pacific Coast League Team
WEST SACRAMENTO, Calif., September 1, 2010 - Sacramento River Cats outfielder Chris Carter was named to the 2010 Pacific Coast League (PCL) All-Star Team, League officials announced Wednesday. The prestigious team, featuring the League's best players at every position, is selected by the vote of the PCL's field managers and media based on season-long performance.
The 23-year-old Carter is currently among the top four PCL leaders in home runs, RBIs, runs and total bases. He is only the second River Cat player all-time to hit more than 30 home runs in a season. Earlier in the week, Carter was announced as the 2010 MVP and Best Offensive Player for the River Cats as voted on by Team Manager Tony DeFrancesco and local media.
River Cats Playoff tickets are available for purchase now with individual game tickets ranging in price from $7 to $60. For the best value, fans may purchase full Playoff strips, which include all four (4) potential Raley Field Playoff games, starting at $24. Also, groups of 20 or more can purchase Playoff tickets at a special rate. Individual game tickets for the Playoffs will be available at the Raley Field Ticket Office, all Ticketmaster outlets and online at rivercats.com/playoffs. Full Playoff strips and Playoff group outings are available at the Raley Field Ticket Office and by calling 916-371-HITS.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from September 1, 2010
- Cubs Stun Isotopes 15-13 - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Royals Win 5-1 as Express Skid Hits Eight - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Redbirds Blast New Orleans - Memphis Redbirds
- Z's Lose in Memphis, Barden Extends Streak - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Omaha Clips Round Rock 5-1 - Round Rock Express
- Sounds Split Doubleheader Action with RedHawks on Wednesday - Nashville Sounds
- Ryan Webb Recalled by Padres; Cory Luebke, Chris Stewart Selected - Portland Beavers
- Beavers Say Thank You During Last Baseball Series at PGE Park - Portland Beavers
- Lindsey, Mitchell Named to All-PCL Team - Albuquerque Isotopes
- 2010 Playoff Tickets Are on Sale Now for First Place River Cats - Sacramento River Cats
- Moustakas Named George Brett Hitter of the Year - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Bourjos and Trumbo Named to 2010 All-PCL Team - Salt Lake Bees
- River Cats Outfielder Chris Carter Named to 2010 All-Pacific Coast League Team - Sacramento River Cats
- Eric Hacker Named to All-PCL Team - Fresno Grizzlies
- Barney, Snyder Named to All-PCL Team - Iowa Cubs
- Bulger and Stokes Complete Rehab, Chatwood Joins Bees - Salt Lake Bees
- Zephyrs Conclude Season This Weekend - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- 2010 All-PCL Team Announced - PCL
- RedHawks Game Notes - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Aces, D-Backs Renew Player Development Contract - Reno Aces
- Round Rock Express - Game Notes at Omaha Royals - Round Rock Express
- Royals Reinstate Meche, Fields from 60-Day D.L., Recall May from Omaha - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Over 400 Team Names Submitted by Fans - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Kroenke Dominates Beavers in 3-1 Aces Victory - Reno Aces
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Sacramento River Cats Stories
- Sutter Health Park Set to Host Another COVID-19 Vaccination Clinic
- Vosler, Alcántara homer in series finale defeat
- Estrada, McCarthy seal ninth-inning comeback victory
- Father's Day victory features fourth homer in seven games for Davis
- Offense held to just four hits in loss to Bees