2010 Playoff Tickets Are on Sale Now for First Place River Cats
WEST SACRAMENTO, Calif., September 1, 2010 - The Sacramento River Cats recently took over first place and currently hold a 2.5 game lead over the Fresno Grizzlies. With just five games remaining in the regular season fans should secure their Playoff tickets early. Tickets are now on sale at the Raley Field Ticket Office, rivercats.com and Ticketmaster. Individual game tickets are available as well as full Playoff strips, which provide the best value.
The Comeback Cats "magic number" to clinch their ninth division title in 11 years is three ("magic number" refers to the combined number of River Cats victories and Fresno losses necessary for Sacramento to clinch the division, including the tiebreaker which Sacramento holds over Fresno as having the best record against clubs in the South Division). The River Cats have won a remarkable four PCL Championships (2003, 2004, 2007 and 2008) and two Triple-A Championships (2007 and 2008) in the franchise's 10 seasons.
Should the River Cats qualify for postseason play, the team will host games 1 and 2 (Sept. 8 and 9) of the five-game Pacific Conference Championship Series at Raley Field. Games 3, 4 and 5 (games 4 and 5 if necessary) would be played on the road. If the season ended today, the Cats' first-round opponent would be the Tacoma Rainiers (Triple-A affiliate of the Seattle Mariners), who own a 3.5 game lead in the North Division.
If the River Cats advance to the PCL Championship Series (also a best-of-five format) they would again host games 1 and 2 (Sept. 14 and 15) at Raley Field. Games 3, 4 and 5 (games 4 and 5 if necessary) would be played on the road. If the River Cats were to win this series and be crowned Pacific Coast League Champions, they would then play the International League Champion in the Triple-A Baseball National Championship Game in Oklahoma City on Tuesday, September 21.
The complete Playoff schedule is as follows:
PCL Pacific Conference Championship Series (Round 1)
PCL Championship Series
Gm. 1: Wed., Sept. 8 at Raley Field (7:05 p.m.)
Gm. 1: Tue., Sept. 14 at Raley Field (7:05 p.m.)
Gm. 2: Thu., Sept. 9 at Raley Field (7:05 p.m.)
Gm. 2: Wed., Sept. 15 at Raley Field (7:05 p.m.)
Gm. 3: Fri., Sept. 10 at North Division Winner (TBA) Gm. 3: Fri., Sept. 17 at American Conf. Winner (TBA)
Gm. 4: Sat., Sept. 11 at North Division Winner (TBA) - if necessary Gm. 4: Sat., Sept. 18 at American Conf. Winner - if necessary
Gm. 5: Sun., Sept. 12 at North Division Winner (TBA) - if necessary Gm. 5: Sun., Sept. 19 at American Conf. Winner - if necessary
Playoff Promotional Schedule
The River Cats will continue their recurring weekly promotions through the Playoffs including: Tuesday's Kids Eat Free, Wednesday's $3 Tecates and $3 Nachos Grande and on Thirsty Thursday's $2 Miller and Miller Lites will be available.
Playoff Ticket Availability
Playoff tickets are available for purchase now with individual game tickets ranging in price from $7 to $60. For the best value fans may also purchase full Playoff strips, which include all four (4) potential Raley Field Playoff games, starting at $24. Also, groups of 20 or more can purchase Playoff tickets at a special rate. Individual game tickets for the Playoffs will be available at the Raley Field Ticket Office, all Ticketmaster outlets and online at rivercats.com/playoffs. Full Playoff strips and Playoff group outings are available at the Raley Field Ticket Office and by calling 916-371-HITS.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from September 1, 2010
- Cubs Stun Isotopes 15-13 - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Royals Win 5-1 as Express Skid Hits Eight - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Redbirds Blast New Orleans - Memphis Redbirds
- Z's Lose in Memphis, Barden Extends Streak - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Omaha Clips Round Rock 5-1 - Round Rock Express
- Sounds Split Doubleheader Action with RedHawks on Wednesday - Nashville Sounds
- Ryan Webb Recalled by Padres; Cory Luebke, Chris Stewart Selected - Portland Beavers
- Beavers Say Thank You During Last Baseball Series at PGE Park - Portland Beavers
- Lindsey, Mitchell Named to All-PCL Team - Albuquerque Isotopes
- 2010 Playoff Tickets Are on Sale Now for First Place River Cats - Sacramento River Cats
- Moustakas Named George Brett Hitter of the Year - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Bourjos and Trumbo Named to 2010 All-PCL Team - Salt Lake Bees
- River Cats Outfielder Chris Carter Named to 2010 All-Pacific Coast League Team - Sacramento River Cats
- Eric Hacker Named to All-PCL Team - Fresno Grizzlies
- Barney, Snyder Named to All-PCL Team - Iowa Cubs
- Bulger and Stokes Complete Rehab, Chatwood Joins Bees - Salt Lake Bees
- Zephyrs Conclude Season This Weekend - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- 2010 All-PCL Team Announced - PCL
- RedHawks Game Notes - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Aces, D-Backs Renew Player Development Contract - Reno Aces
- Round Rock Express - Game Notes at Omaha Royals - Round Rock Express
- Royals Reinstate Meche, Fields from 60-Day D.L., Recall May from Omaha - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Over 400 Team Names Submitted by Fans - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Kroenke Dominates Beavers in 3-1 Aces Victory - Reno Aces
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Sacramento River Cats Stories
- River Cats' bats stifled in shutout defeat
- Dubón, Bart power offense early as River Cats hold off Rainiers
- Pozo's big day sinks River Cats in Robinson's final game
- Maris shines, defense burns River Cats late
- River Cats to Host Job Fair on Wednesday, July 21