RedHawks Game Notes
Oklahoma City RedHawks (71-64) vs. Nashville Sounds (72-64)
Games 136 & 137 | Sept. 1, 2010, 3:05 pm CDT | AT&T Bricktown Ballpark | Oklahoma City, OK
1340 Fox Sports, RedHawks Radio Network | Play-by-Play: Jim Byers & Judson Richards
RH Omar Beltre (3-8, 2.53) vs. LH Chase Wright (7-8, 4.94)
RH Dustin Nippert (no record) vs. LH Chuck Lofgren (7-8, 5.14)
TODAY: Rained out of a doubleheader yesterday, the RedHawks and Nashville play a pair of 7-inning games today starting at 3:05 pm CDT. The teams will play 2 tomorrow at 3:05 as well. The RedHawks took the series opener 3-1 on Monday to halt a 3-game losing streak. OKC and Nashville have split the season series 6-6. The RedHawks lead the American South Division by 3 games with 8 to play (counting tonight) with a magic number of 5. Omar Beltre starts Game 1 and Dustin Nippert makes a rehab start in Game 2.
MAGIC NUMBER DROPS TO 5: The RedHawks' division lead stayed at 3 last night with Albuquerque splitting 2 games against Iowa. The magic number for the RedHawks to clinch has dropped to 5 games. OKC and Albuquerque have each had their seasons shortened to 143 games because of rainouts.
NIPPERT ON REHAB: Righthander Dustin Nippert is slated to make a pitch-limited rehab start in today's second game. Nippert was placed on Texas' 15-day DL July 20 after taking a batted ball off his head July 19 at Detroit. Nippert's rehab began with 2 appearances at Double-A Frisco Aug. 27 and Aug. 29, combining to pitch 3.1 scoreless innings, allowing 1 hit.
THURSDAY'S TWIN BILL AT 3:05: With yesterday's rainout, the RedHawks and Sounds are playing back-to-back doubleheaders today and tomorrow. Thursday's first pitch is scheduled for 3:05 pm CDT.
DOUBLEHEADER RESULTS: OKC has swept its opposition in 2 doubleheaders this season (New Orleans, June 16 and Nashville July 7). The RedHawks were swept by Fresno May 17, at Iowa July 20 and at Memphis July 24.
GAME TIME AND BROADCAST CHANGES: Tomorrow's 3:05 doubleheader will be broadcast on daytime flagship 1340 AM Fox Sports. Because of Friday night high school football programming, the Redhawks-Omaha game will air live on 96.1 FM KXY. Fox Sports 1340 will air all 3 weekend games: Saturday at 11:05 am, Sunday at 4:05 and Monday at 1:05.
IRIBARREN STREAKING: Hernan Iribarren has hit safely in 7 straight and 23 of his last 25 games dating to Aug. 5. He's batting .411 with 5 homers and 22 RBIs since Aug. 5, holding the league's second-best best batting average in that time behind the promoted Micah Hoffpauir of Iowa (.417 in 15 games).
RAMIREZ RAKES: Max Ramirez has hit safely in 7 straight, going 8-for-21 (.381) with 6 RBIs. Ramirez has hits in 12 of his last 13, going 16-for-45 (.356) with 2 homers and 11 RBIs.
Date Opponent Oklahoma City Pitcher Opposing Pitcher Radio
Thursday Sept. 1 Nashville-1 RH Doug Mathis 5-6, 5.75 RH Marty McLeary 6-4, 5.40 1340 Fox Sports
Thursday Sept. 1 Nashville-2 RH Guillermo Moscoso 7-6, 5.11 LH Sam Narron 9-7, 4.16 1340 Fox Sports
Friday Sept. 3 Omaha LH Michael Ballard 5-8, 5.35 RH Luis Mendoza 10-8, 4.08 KXY 96.1 FM
Saturday Sept. 4 Omaha RH Brandon McCarthy 4-1, 3.44 LH Blaine Hardy 3-4, 3.55 1340 Fox Sports
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from September 1, 2010
- Cubs Stun Isotopes 15-13 - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Royals Win 5-1 as Express Skid Hits Eight - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Redbirds Blast New Orleans - Memphis Redbirds
- Z's Lose in Memphis, Barden Extends Streak - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Omaha Clips Round Rock 5-1 - Round Rock Express
- Sounds Split Doubleheader Action with RedHawks on Wednesday - Nashville Sounds
- Ryan Webb Recalled by Padres; Cory Luebke, Chris Stewart Selected - Portland Beavers
- Beavers Say Thank You During Last Baseball Series at PGE Park - Portland Beavers
- Lindsey, Mitchell Named to All-PCL Team - Albuquerque Isotopes
- 2010 Playoff Tickets Are on Sale Now for First Place River Cats - Sacramento River Cats
- Moustakas Named George Brett Hitter of the Year - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Bourjos and Trumbo Named to 2010 All-PCL Team - Salt Lake Bees
- River Cats Outfielder Chris Carter Named to 2010 All-Pacific Coast League Team - Sacramento River Cats
- Eric Hacker Named to All-PCL Team - Fresno Grizzlies
- Barney, Snyder Named to All-PCL Team - Iowa Cubs
- Bulger and Stokes Complete Rehab, Chatwood Joins Bees - Salt Lake Bees
- Zephyrs Conclude Season This Weekend - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- 2010 All-PCL Team Announced - PCL
- RedHawks Game Notes - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Aces, D-Backs Renew Player Development Contract - Reno Aces
- Round Rock Express - Game Notes at Omaha Royals - Round Rock Express
- Royals Reinstate Meche, Fields from 60-Day D.L., Recall May from Omaha - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Over 400 Team Names Submitted by Fans - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Kroenke Dominates Beavers in 3-1 Aces Victory - Reno Aces
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.