Eric Hacker Named to All-PCL Team
FRESNO, CA - The Pacific Coast League announced today that Grizzlies right-handed pitcher Eric Hacker has been named to the All-PCL team. Hacker was recognized by the managers and media as the top right-handed starter in the entire 16-team league for the 2010 season.
Hacker, 27, has been the anchor of Fresno's rotation all season, making a league-high 28 starts. The Duncanville, Texas native has also won a league-best 16 games, three more than his closest competitors. With the 16 victories, he broke the Grizzlies' previous franchise win record of 14, set by Bronswell Patrick back in 1999. Hacker opened the year on a five-game winning streak and had a career-best eight-game streak from July 4th-August 20th. His 123 strikeouts are also tops on the Grizzlies staff, and the fourth-highest total in the league.
Signed as a minor league free agent in the offseason, Hacker also broke a pair of offensive franchise records this year. In the fifth inning of his August 15th victory over Iowa, Hacker singled home a run to give him the Grizzlies' single-season marks in both hits (12) and RBI (7) for a pitcher.
The Grizzlies wrap-up their 2010 campaign with four games starting Friday, September 3rd when they welcome the Tacoma Rainiers to downtown Fresno. Tickets for the final homestand of the season, including Eric Hacker's last scheduled start on Saturday, September 4th, are on sale now at www.fresnogrizzlies.com, through the Grizzlies ticket office, or by phone at 559.320.TIXS.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from September 1, 2010
- Cubs Stun Isotopes 15-13 - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Royals Win 5-1 as Express Skid Hits Eight - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Redbirds Blast New Orleans - Memphis Redbirds
- Z's Lose in Memphis, Barden Extends Streak - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Omaha Clips Round Rock 5-1 - Round Rock Express
- Sounds Split Doubleheader Action with RedHawks on Wednesday - Nashville Sounds
- Ryan Webb Recalled by Padres; Cory Luebke, Chris Stewart Selected - Portland Beavers
- Beavers Say Thank You During Last Baseball Series at PGE Park - Portland Beavers
- Lindsey, Mitchell Named to All-PCL Team - Albuquerque Isotopes
- 2010 Playoff Tickets Are on Sale Now for First Place River Cats - Sacramento River Cats
- Moustakas Named George Brett Hitter of the Year - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Bourjos and Trumbo Named to 2010 All-PCL Team - Salt Lake Bees
- River Cats Outfielder Chris Carter Named to 2010 All-Pacific Coast League Team - Sacramento River Cats
- Eric Hacker Named to All-PCL Team - Fresno Grizzlies
- Barney, Snyder Named to All-PCL Team - Iowa Cubs
- Bulger and Stokes Complete Rehab, Chatwood Joins Bees - Salt Lake Bees
- Zephyrs Conclude Season This Weekend - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- 2010 All-PCL Team Announced - PCL
- RedHawks Game Notes - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Aces, D-Backs Renew Player Development Contract - Reno Aces
- Round Rock Express - Game Notes at Omaha Royals - Round Rock Express
- Royals Reinstate Meche, Fields from 60-Day D.L., Recall May from Omaha - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Over 400 Team Names Submitted by Fans - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Kroenke Dominates Beavers in 3-1 Aces Victory - Reno Aces
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Fresno Grizzlies Stories
- A World Series That Is Farm Grown in Fresno
- Grizzlies Invite Central Valley to Cheer on the Nationals in the World Series
- Grizzlies Unveil Community GARden at Chukchansi Park
- Jamel Herring-Lamont Roach Jr. Tickets at Fresno's Chukchansi Park On Sale Now
- Fresno's Wilmer Difo Named PCL Player of the Week