Lindsey, Mitchell Named to All-PCL Team
Albuquerque Isotopes sluggers John Lindsey and Russ Mitchell have been named to the 2010 All-PCL Team, a post-season All-Star Team determined annually by PCL managers and media. Lindsey was selected as the team's Designated Hitter, while Mitchell was named the squad's third baseman.
Lindsey is poised to become the first Isotopes hitter in team history to lead the Pacific Coast League in batting, racking up a .359 batting average heading into play Wednesday. He also ranks fifth in the PCL in RBI with 91, first in slugging percentage with a mark of .659, second in doubles with 39, and third in extra base hits with 66. Lindsey is also tied with Mitchell for the team lead in home runs with 23.
Meanwhile, in addition to equaling Lindsey with 23 dingers, Mitchell has posted a .322 batting average in just his first season at the Triple-A level while adding 37 doubles and 86 RBI. He also leads all PCL third basemen in fielding percentage with a mark of .960. Last Sunday, Mitchell was named Isotopes MVP by vote of his fellow players and coaches.
Albuquerque wraps up its 2010 regular season home schedule with two more games against the Iowa Cubs at Isotopes Park tonight and Thursday before finishing the season at Round Rock over Labor Day Weekend. The 'Topes will cap the regular season home slate in style with an encore appearance by Myron Noodleman on Thursday. Tickets for any Isotopes game may be purchased at the Isotopes Park Box Office, at Ticketmaster outlets, by phone at 1-800-745-3000, or on-line at www.albuquerquebaseball.com or www.ticketmaster.com.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from September 1, 2010
- Cubs Stun Isotopes 15-13 - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Royals Win 5-1 as Express Skid Hits Eight - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Redbirds Blast New Orleans - Memphis Redbirds
- Z's Lose in Memphis, Barden Extends Streak - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Omaha Clips Round Rock 5-1 - Round Rock Express
- Sounds Split Doubleheader Action with RedHawks on Wednesday - Nashville Sounds
- Ryan Webb Recalled by Padres; Cory Luebke, Chris Stewart Selected - Portland Beavers
- Beavers Say Thank You During Last Baseball Series at PGE Park - Portland Beavers
- Lindsey, Mitchell Named to All-PCL Team - Albuquerque Isotopes
- 2010 Playoff Tickets Are on Sale Now for First Place River Cats - Sacramento River Cats
- Moustakas Named George Brett Hitter of the Year - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Bourjos and Trumbo Named to 2010 All-PCL Team - Salt Lake Bees
- River Cats Outfielder Chris Carter Named to 2010 All-Pacific Coast League Team - Sacramento River Cats
- Eric Hacker Named to All-PCL Team - Fresno Grizzlies
- Barney, Snyder Named to All-PCL Team - Iowa Cubs
- Bulger and Stokes Complete Rehab, Chatwood Joins Bees - Salt Lake Bees
- Zephyrs Conclude Season This Weekend - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- 2010 All-PCL Team Announced - PCL
- RedHawks Game Notes - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Aces, D-Backs Renew Player Development Contract - Reno Aces
- Round Rock Express - Game Notes at Omaha Royals - Round Rock Express
- Royals Reinstate Meche, Fields from 60-Day D.L., Recall May from Omaha - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Over 400 Team Names Submitted by Fans - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Kroenke Dominates Beavers in 3-1 Aces Victory - Reno Aces
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Albuquerque Isotopes Stories
- Fans, Mariachis Highlight Return of Professional Baseball in Duke City
- Former Isotopes Set for MLB Postseason Action
- Five 2021 Isotopes Selected to Compete in Arizona Fall League
- Greg Bird Named to Triple-A West Post-Season All-Star Team
- Isotopes Fall 5-1 to Cap 18th Season