Bulger and Stokes Complete Rehab, Chatwood Joins Bees
SALT LAKE CITY (September 1, 2010) - The Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim announced today that right-handed pitchers Jason Bulger and Brian Stokes have completed their rehab assignments with Triple-A Salt Lake and have returned to the Angels active roster. In additional movement, right-handed pitcher Tyler Chatwood has been promoted to Salt Lake from Double-A Arkansas.
Bulger, 31, was placed on the Disabled List on June 11 with a right shoulder strain. He has appeared in 10 games of relief for the Bees during his rehab stint, owning a 0.96 ERA with 12 strikeouts in 9.1 innings pitched. He has appeared in 22 games for the Angels in 2010, owning a 3.74 ERA. The Lawrenceville, Ga. native was originally selected by the Diamondbacks in the first round of the 2001 draft and joined the Angels via trade in 2006.
Stokes, 30, was placed on the Disabled List on May 10 with right shoulder fatigue. He has appeared in 13 games for the Bees during his rehab stint, owning a 1-1 record and 3.78 ERA. He has appeared in 15 games for the Angels in 2010, owning a 7.31 ERA. The Montclair, Calif. native was originally signed by the Tampa Bay Rays as a free agent in 1998 and joined the Angels via trade in January 2010.
Chatwood, 20, has appeared in 12 games (all starts) for the Travelers in 2010, owning a 4-6 record with a 3.82 ERA. He has also appeared in 14 games (13 starts) for Single-A Rancho Cucamonga this season, owning an 8-3 record and 1.77 ERA with 70 strikeouts. The Fontana, Calif. native was originally selected by the Angels in the second round of the 2008 draft.
The Salt Lake Bees continue the team's final regular season homestand tonight against the Fresno Grizzlies at 7:05 p.m. at Spring Mobile Ballpark. Book your summer group outing with the Bees while dates are still available by calling (801) 325-BASE.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from September 1, 2010
- Cubs Stun Isotopes 15-13 - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Royals Win 5-1 as Express Skid Hits Eight - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Redbirds Blast New Orleans - Memphis Redbirds
- Z's Lose in Memphis, Barden Extends Streak - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Omaha Clips Round Rock 5-1 - Round Rock Express
- Sounds Split Doubleheader Action with RedHawks on Wednesday - Nashville Sounds
- Ryan Webb Recalled by Padres; Cory Luebke, Chris Stewart Selected - Portland Beavers
- Beavers Say Thank You During Last Baseball Series at PGE Park - Portland Beavers
- Lindsey, Mitchell Named to All-PCL Team - Albuquerque Isotopes
- 2010 Playoff Tickets Are on Sale Now for First Place River Cats - Sacramento River Cats
- Moustakas Named George Brett Hitter of the Year - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Bourjos and Trumbo Named to 2010 All-PCL Team - Salt Lake Bees
- River Cats Outfielder Chris Carter Named to 2010 All-Pacific Coast League Team - Sacramento River Cats
- Eric Hacker Named to All-PCL Team - Fresno Grizzlies
- Barney, Snyder Named to All-PCL Team - Iowa Cubs
- Bulger and Stokes Complete Rehab, Chatwood Joins Bees - Salt Lake Bees
- Zephyrs Conclude Season This Weekend - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- 2010 All-PCL Team Announced - PCL
- RedHawks Game Notes - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Aces, D-Backs Renew Player Development Contract - Reno Aces
- Round Rock Express - Game Notes at Omaha Royals - Round Rock Express
- Royals Reinstate Meche, Fields from 60-Day D.L., Recall May from Omaha - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Over 400 Team Names Submitted by Fans - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Kroenke Dominates Beavers in 3-1 Aces Victory - Reno Aces
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.