Zephyrs Conclude Season This Weekend
Metairie, LA - The New Orleans Zephyrs will host the Nashville Sounds in a four-game series that concludes the 2010 season, beginning Friday night, September 3 at 7:00 p.m.
The Zephyrs were mathematically eliminated from postseason contention on Monday, but still finished the month of August with a .293 team batting average, the club's highest over a full month in more than five years.
The scheduled pitching matchups for the series with Nashville:
Friday (7 pm): RH Nic Ungs (1-2, 7.43) vs. RH Josh Butler (5-1, 4.99)
Saturday (6 pm): RH Tom Mastny (4-5, 4.48) vs. RH Tim Dillard (4-7, 4.22)
Sunday (6 pm): LH Wes Whisler (3-6, 5.90) vs. LH Chase Wright (7-8, 4.94)
Monday (1 pm): RH Adalberto Mendez vs. RH Marty McLeary
The homestand begins Friday with Reggae/Caribbean Night, with all fans wearing a Hawaiian-style shirt receiving discounted admission of $5, and a spectacular fireworks show after the game. Saturday and Sunday are both 6 p.m. contests, with Sunday being Fan Appreciation Night, where fans will get to choose their own giveaway at the gates! The Zephyrs will have special lucky seat prize winners throughout the game, plus the final fireworks show of the season, and a chance for all kids to run the bases on the field after the game. Celebrate Labor Day on Monday with matinee baseball at Zephyr Field, as the Z's play the season finale at 1 p.m.
For tickets or for more information, please contact the Zephyrs at (504) 734-5155.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from September 1, 2010
- Cubs Stun Isotopes 15-13 - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Royals Win 5-1 as Express Skid Hits Eight - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Redbirds Blast New Orleans - Memphis Redbirds
- Z's Lose in Memphis, Barden Extends Streak - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Omaha Clips Round Rock 5-1 - Round Rock Express
- Sounds Split Doubleheader Action with RedHawks on Wednesday - Nashville Sounds
- Ryan Webb Recalled by Padres; Cory Luebke, Chris Stewart Selected - Portland Beavers
- Beavers Say Thank You During Last Baseball Series at PGE Park - Portland Beavers
- Lindsey, Mitchell Named to All-PCL Team - Albuquerque Isotopes
- 2010 Playoff Tickets Are on Sale Now for First Place River Cats - Sacramento River Cats
- Moustakas Named George Brett Hitter of the Year - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Bourjos and Trumbo Named to 2010 All-PCL Team - Salt Lake Bees
- River Cats Outfielder Chris Carter Named to 2010 All-Pacific Coast League Team - Sacramento River Cats
- Eric Hacker Named to All-PCL Team - Fresno Grizzlies
- Barney, Snyder Named to All-PCL Team - Iowa Cubs
- Bulger and Stokes Complete Rehab, Chatwood Joins Bees - Salt Lake Bees
- Zephyrs Conclude Season This Weekend - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- 2010 All-PCL Team Announced - PCL
- RedHawks Game Notes - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Aces, D-Backs Renew Player Development Contract - Reno Aces
- Round Rock Express - Game Notes at Omaha Royals - Round Rock Express
- Royals Reinstate Meche, Fields from 60-Day D.L., Recall May from Omaha - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Over 400 Team Names Submitted by Fans - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Kroenke Dominates Beavers in 3-1 Aces Victory - Reno Aces
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.