Kroenke Dominates Beavers in 3-1 Aces Victory
RENO, Nev.- Zach Kroenke allowed just a run over seven innings Tuesday night, earning his fifth-straight winning decision and lifting the Reno Aces to a 3-1 victory over the Portland Beavers at Aces Ballpark.
The Aces scored a run in the first on a Tony Abreu solo homer, and that one-run edge would hold strong until Portland pushed across the game-tying run in the sixth. As it would turn out, that was all the offense the Beavers would get. Reno regained the lead in the home half of the sixth with a two-out RBI single by Brandon Allen, and the Aces tacked on an insurance run in the seventh on a Carlos Corporan run-scoring single.
Kroenke (7-3) earned the win, scattering just a run on six hits. Kroenke walked two and struck out six. Three Aces relievers shut down the Beavers-capped by a scoreless ninth from Carlos Rosa, who earned his 13th save of the season.
The loss fell to Portland reliever Josh Greer (10-11), who spelled Major League rehabilitation starter Chris Young. Greer worked five innings, allowing two runs on five hits. He walked one and struck out seven.
At the plate for Reno, Abreu led the way with two hits and his second home run of the season. Jeff Bailey finished 0-for-3, ending his franchise-record and Pacific Coast League-leading 42-consecutive game home on-base streak.
The series continues on Wednesday night at Aces Ballpark. RHP Cesar Valdez (5-9, 5.98 ERA) takes the ball for Reno, while LHP Cesar Ramos (5-7, 3.36 ERA) counters for the Beavers. First pitch is set for 7:05 p.m. PT and 2,500 fans will receive an Aces collector's hat, courtesy of Silver Legacy/Eldorado and KRNV.
Just two games remain on the 2010 home slate, as the Reno Aces are celebrating Fan Appreciation Week at Aces Ballpark. As a gesture of the organization's appreciation to its loyal and passionate fan base for such a successful season, the club is offering fans 2-for-1 tickets in the Outfield Reserved, Right-Field Reserved and General Admission seating sections. Tickets are available by calling the Reno Aces box office at (775) 334-7000 or by visiting RenoAces.com. The brand-new Freight House District, located just outside Aces Ballpark, is open seven days a week, on both game days and non-game days.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from September 1, 2010
- Cubs Stun Isotopes 15-13 - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Royals Win 5-1 as Express Skid Hits Eight - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Redbirds Blast New Orleans - Memphis Redbirds
- Z's Lose in Memphis, Barden Extends Streak - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Omaha Clips Round Rock 5-1 - Round Rock Express
- Sounds Split Doubleheader Action with RedHawks on Wednesday - Nashville Sounds
- Ryan Webb Recalled by Padres; Cory Luebke, Chris Stewart Selected - Portland Beavers
- Beavers Say Thank You During Last Baseball Series at PGE Park - Portland Beavers
- Lindsey, Mitchell Named to All-PCL Team - Albuquerque Isotopes
- 2010 Playoff Tickets Are on Sale Now for First Place River Cats - Sacramento River Cats
- Moustakas Named George Brett Hitter of the Year - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Bourjos and Trumbo Named to 2010 All-PCL Team - Salt Lake Bees
- River Cats Outfielder Chris Carter Named to 2010 All-Pacific Coast League Team - Sacramento River Cats
- Eric Hacker Named to All-PCL Team - Fresno Grizzlies
- Barney, Snyder Named to All-PCL Team - Iowa Cubs
- Bulger and Stokes Complete Rehab, Chatwood Joins Bees - Salt Lake Bees
- Zephyrs Conclude Season This Weekend - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- 2010 All-PCL Team Announced - PCL
- RedHawks Game Notes - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Aces, D-Backs Renew Player Development Contract - Reno Aces
- Round Rock Express - Game Notes at Omaha Royals - Round Rock Express
- Royals Reinstate Meche, Fields from 60-Day D.L., Recall May from Omaha - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Over 400 Team Names Submitted by Fans - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Kroenke Dominates Beavers in 3-1 Aces Victory - Reno Aces
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Reno Aces Stories
- Cooper Hummel Named Triple-A West Player of the Month for September
- Aces Third Baseman Drew Ellis Named Triple-A West All Star
- Ellis, Aguilar, Heath and Beer Earn 2021 HOME Awards
- COVID-19 Protocols Cancel Reno Aces Season Finale
- Tonight's Aces game against Las Vegas canceled