Regular Season Finale Tonight against Milwaukee
Rockford, Ill.- The Rockford IceHogs (39-22-10-4) wrap up regular season play tonight against the Milwaukee Admirals (48-21-3-2) at 7 p.m. at the BMO Harris Bank Center.
The first 2,500 fans through the doors will receive an IceHogs team photo courtesy of Proforma.
A limited number of tickets are available for tonight's game. They can be purchased online at IceHogs.com, call (815) 968-5222, in person at the BMO?Harris Bank Center Box Office in downtown Rockford, or any Ticketmaster outlet, including Walmart.
The game will be broadcast on WIFR's "Justice Network" on 23.3, as well as Comcast Cable channel 434, Charter Cable channel 194 or Mediacom Channel 102 in the Rockford market, beginning with "IceHogs Warm-Up" at 6:30 p.m. with Bob Mills and Kyle Stuetzel, and online through AHLLive.com. Fans can also listen for free online at WXRX.com or by using the IceHogs mobile app. Follow along on Twitter (@goIceHogs) for live updates throughout the game.
Playoff implications are on the line tonight as a single point against Milwaukee or a Grand Rapids loss in any fashion will secure the third seed in the Central Division to face the Lake Erie Monsters in the first round of the playoffs. However, if Rockford falls in regulation and Grand Rapids wins in any fashion, then the IceHogs will be the fourth seed and compete against the Admirals to start the playoffs.
The IceHogs enter tonight's contest after posting impressive numbers in last night's 4-0 victory over Grand Rapids. Forward Tanner Kero notched a goal towards the win which now makes him the team's all-time rookie leader for goals in a season with 20. Kero is currently in the midst of a three-game point streak, which could turn in to four games tonight as he has recorded seven points in eight games with Milwaukee as the opponent. Along those same lines, rookie forward Vince Hinostroza set a new rookie record for points in a season (48) with two helpers in Friday's game. As if the young guys weren't hot enough in the contest, rookie defenseman Nick Mattson recorded his first career AHL goal which also stood as the game-winner. Goaltender Mac Carruth turned aside all 31 shots sent his way for his second shutout this season.
Milwaukee comes in to the BMO after falling 5-2 to the Bakersfield Condors last night. The loss snapped the Admirals 13-game point streak (11-0-0-2), which includes a seven-game win streak.
Next Home Game: TBD- The IceHogs have qualified for the 2016 Calder Cup Playoffs, but as playoff seedings are still being determined, dates and times are not yet available for the opening round.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from April 16, 2016
- Ontario's Peter Budaj Wins AHL's Harry "Hap" Holmes Memorial Award - Ontario Reign
- Schmalz Shines as Reign Fall to Gulls in Final Regular-Season - Ontario Reign
- Ontario's Peter Budaj Wins AHL's Harry "Hap" Holmes Memorial Award - AHL
- Crunch Comeback Falls Short in Overtime, 4-3 - Syracuse Crunch
- IceHogs to Meet Lake Erie in First Round of Calder Cup Playoffs - Rockford IceHogs
- Griffins Look to Playoffs Following 3-2 Loss in Finale - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Manitoba Moose Post-Game Report - Manitoba at Texas - April 16 - Manitoba Moose
- Rowney Receives Team MVP, Scores Only Goal in 3-1 Loss - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Admirals Face Grand Rapids in First Round of Calder Cup Playoffs - Milwaukee Admirals
- Rattie, Wolves Wrap Season with Win - Chicago Wolves
- Rattie, Wolves Wrap Season with Win - Chicago Wolves
- Stars Finish off Regular Season with 4-1 Win in Front of Sellout Crowd - Texas Stars
- Wild Closes out Season with 4-2 Defeat in Chicago - Iowa Wild
- Falcons Rally to Defeat Pirates - Springfield Falcons
- Bears Rally from Behind against Phantoms - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Bears Defeat Phantoms, Lock up Division Title - Hershey Bears
- Providence Beats Penguins, Will Meet Again for Playoffs - Providence Bruins
- Comets Claim Third Consecutive Galaxy Cup - Utica Comets
- Condors Cap Season on Three-Game Win Streak, 3-2, in Grand Rapids - Bakersfield Condors
- Cleveland's Lake Erie Monsters' Playoff Schedule Announced - Cleveland Monsters
- IceHogs Season Award Winners Named - Rockford IceHogs
- Griffins to Open Playoffs against Admirals - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Albany Devils Dominance Gets Lost in Mayhem - Albany Devils
- Wolf Pack Conclude Season with 2-1 Setback at St. John's - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Toronto Marlies Post Game Notes - Toronto Marlies
- Bridgeport ends road schedule with loss - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Mason Geertsen Reassigned to Komets - San Antonio Rampage
- IceCaps Top Wolf Pack to End Season in Victory - St. John's IceCaps
- Guhle Scores as Amerks Drop First of Two with Marlies - Rochester Americans
- Syracuse Crunch Present 2015-16 Team Awards - Syracuse Crunch
- American Hockey League Announces Suspension - AHL
- Ryan Macinnis and Kyle Wood Report to Springfield - Springfield Falcons
- Regular Season Finale Tonight against Milwaukee - Rockford IceHogs
- Final Home Game of the Season Tonight at 7:30 Sees Heat Wear Military Themed Sweaters - Stockton Heat
- Ritchie Recalled by Anaheim - San Diego Gulls
- Panthers Recall Shaw from Portland - Portland Pirates
- Ontario Reign Game Preview: Reign and Gulls Wrap up 2015-16 Regular Season Tonight - Ontario Reign
- Game Day: Albany Devils vs. Bridgeport Sound Tigers - Albany Devils
- Manitoba Moose Post-Game Report - Manitoba at San Antonio - April 15 - Manitoba Moose
- Carruth, IceHogs Shut out Griffins 4-0 - Rockford IceHogs
- Gulls' Early Lead Erased in 4-2 Loss to Ontario - San Diego Gulls
- Reign Capture Western Conference Regular-Season Title with 4-2 Win - Ontario Reign
- Griffins Fall 4-0 in Rockford, Will Learn First-Round Opponent - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Rampage Close out 2015-16 Campaign with 5-2 Loss to Moose - San Antonio Rampage
- Admirals Fall in Regular Season Finale - Milwaukee Admirals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Rockford IceHogs Stories
- IceHogs Unveil 2019-20 Promo Schedule
- Get $8.15 Tickets to Home Opener this Thursday, August 15
- Single-Game Tickets on Sale Next Thursday, August 15
- Win Cash, IceHogs Prizes at Anything That Floats Race on August 18
- Rockford Agrees to Terms with D-Man Jake Ryczek