Admirals Face Grand Rapids in First Round of Calder Cup Playoffs
Milwaukee, WI-The Milwaukee Admirals announced today that they will face off against the Grand Rapids Griffins in Central Division Semifinals beginning next Friday, April 22 at 7 pm at the BMO Harris Bradley Center.
The best-of-five series will continue with games two on Saturday night at 7 pm before switching venues to Grand Rapids for games three and, if necessary, four at the Van Andel Arena. If a game five is needed it would be back in Milwaukee on Saturday, April 30th at 7 pm.
Central Division Semifinals - Series "E" (best-of-5) C1-Milwaukee Admirals vs. C4-Grand Rapids Griffins Game 1 - Fri., Apr. 22 - Grand Rapids at Milwaukee, 7:00 Game 2 - Sat., Apr. 23 - Grand Rapids at Milwaukee, 7:00 Game 3 - Tue., Apr. 26 - Milwaukee at Grand Rapids, 6:00 *Game 4 - Wed., Apr. 27 - Milwaukee at Grand Rapids, 6:00 *Game 5 - Sat., Apr. 30 - Grand Rapids at Milwaukee, 7:00 *if necessary... All times Central
The Central Division Champion Admirals finished the regular season with 101 points on a 48-23-3-2 record, their fourth division championship during their time in the AHL and first since 2011. Grand Rapids, who won the Calder Cup in 2013, was fourth in the Central with a 44-29-1-1 record and 90 points.
The Griffins won the regular season series against Milwaukee 5-3. Seven of the eight games were won by the home team with Grand Rapids being the lone road victor with a 6-0 shutout of the Ads on November 27.
While their rivalry dates back to the team's time in the IHL, the Admirals and Griffins have met in the post-season only one time. That was back in 2006 when Milwaukee swept the Griffs in four games in the Western Conference Finals to clinch a berth in the Calder Cup.
Tickets for both games are on sale now and can be purchased in person at the Admirals office at 510 W. Kilbourn Ave, at www.milwaukeeadmirals.com, or by calling Ticketmaster at (800) 745-3000. Groups of ten or more can receive great discounts over single game prices. Those interested in booking a group can call the Admirals office at (414) 227-0550.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from April 16, 2016
- Ontario's Peter Budaj Wins AHL's Harry "Hap" Holmes Memorial Award - Ontario Reign
- Schmalz Shines as Reign Fall to Gulls in Final Regular-Season - Ontario Reign
- Ontario's Peter Budaj Wins AHL's Harry "Hap" Holmes Memorial Award - AHL
- Crunch Comeback Falls Short in Overtime, 4-3 - Syracuse Crunch
- IceHogs to Meet Lake Erie in First Round of Calder Cup Playoffs - Rockford IceHogs
- Griffins Look to Playoffs Following 3-2 Loss in Finale - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Manitoba Moose Post-Game Report - Manitoba at Texas - April 16 - Manitoba Moose
- Rowney Receives Team MVP, Scores Only Goal in 3-1 Loss - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Admirals Face Grand Rapids in First Round of Calder Cup Playoffs - Milwaukee Admirals
- Rattie, Wolves Wrap Season with Win - Chicago Wolves
- Rattie, Wolves Wrap Season with Win - Chicago Wolves
- Stars Finish off Regular Season with 4-1 Win in Front of Sellout Crowd - Texas Stars
- Wild Closes out Season with 4-2 Defeat in Chicago - Iowa Wild
- Falcons Rally to Defeat Pirates - Springfield Falcons
- Bears Rally from Behind against Phantoms - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Bears Defeat Phantoms, Lock up Division Title - Hershey Bears
- Providence Beats Penguins, Will Meet Again for Playoffs - Providence Bruins
- Comets Claim Third Consecutive Galaxy Cup - Utica Comets
- Condors Cap Season on Three-Game Win Streak, 3-2, in Grand Rapids - Bakersfield Condors
- Cleveland's Lake Erie Monsters' Playoff Schedule Announced - Cleveland Monsters
- IceHogs Season Award Winners Named - Rockford IceHogs
- Griffins to Open Playoffs against Admirals - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Albany Devils Dominance Gets Lost in Mayhem - Albany Devils
- Wolf Pack Conclude Season with 2-1 Setback at St. John's - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Toronto Marlies Post Game Notes - Toronto Marlies
- Bridgeport ends road schedule with loss - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Mason Geertsen Reassigned to Komets - San Antonio Rampage
- IceCaps Top Wolf Pack to End Season in Victory - St. John's IceCaps
- Guhle Scores as Amerks Drop First of Two with Marlies - Rochester Americans
- Syracuse Crunch Present 2015-16 Team Awards - Syracuse Crunch
- American Hockey League Announces Suspension - AHL
- Ryan Macinnis and Kyle Wood Report to Springfield - Springfield Falcons
- Regular Season Finale Tonight against Milwaukee - Rockford IceHogs
- Final Home Game of the Season Tonight at 7:30 Sees Heat Wear Military Themed Sweaters - Stockton Heat
- Ritchie Recalled by Anaheim - San Diego Gulls
- Panthers Recall Shaw from Portland - Portland Pirates
- Ontario Reign Game Preview: Reign and Gulls Wrap up 2015-16 Regular Season Tonight - Ontario Reign
- Game Day: Albany Devils vs. Bridgeport Sound Tigers - Albany Devils
- Manitoba Moose Post-Game Report - Manitoba at San Antonio - April 15 - Manitoba Moose
- Carruth, IceHogs Shut out Griffins 4-0 - Rockford IceHogs
- Gulls' Early Lead Erased in 4-2 Loss to Ontario - San Diego Gulls
- Reign Capture Western Conference Regular-Season Title with 4-2 Win - Ontario Reign
- Griffins Fall 4-0 in Rockford, Will Learn First-Round Opponent - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Rampage Close out 2015-16 Campaign with 5-2 Loss to Moose - San Antonio Rampage
- Admirals Fall in Regular Season Finale - Milwaukee Admirals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.