Rangers Recall Lias Andersson from Hartford
NEW YORK - New York Rangers General Manager Jeff Gorton announced today that the team has recalled Lias Andersson from the Hartford Wolf Pack of the American Hockey League (AHL).
Andersson, 20, has skated in 36 AHL games with the Wolf Pack this season, registering six goals and 14 assists for 20 points, along with 25 penalty minutes. He has skated in 61 career AHL games over parts of two seasons (2017-18 and 2018-19), both with the Wolf Pack, recording 34 points (11 goals, 23 assists) and 33 penalty minutes.
The 6-1, 204-pounder has skated in 21 NHL games with the Rangers this season, registering one goal and three assists for four points, along with 12 penalty minutes. Andersson has skated in 28 career NHL games over parts of two seasons (2017-18 and 2018-19), both with the Rangers, registering two goals and four assists for six points, along with 12 penalty minutes. Andersson tallied his first career NHL goal/point while making his NHL debut on Mar. 26, 2018 vs. Washington, and he became the youngest player (19 years, 164 days old) to register a goal in his NHL debut in Rangers history.
The Smogen, Sweden native was selected by the Rangers in the first round, seventh overall, of the 2017 NHL Entry Draft.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 21, 2019
- Predators Recall Gaudet from Milwaukee - Milwaukee Admirals
- 14th Annual Sled Hockey Game Returns February 26 at New Venue - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Kings Recall Jonny Brodzinski - Ontario Reign
- Eagles Sign Forward Kale Kessy to Professional Tryout Agreement - Colorado Eagles
- Binghamton Devils Release Free Mobile App - Binghamton Devils
- Iowa Wild Reassigns Goaltender C.J. Motte to Allen - Iowa Wild
- Dallas Stars Reassign Goaltender Landon Bow to Texas - Texas Stars
- Youth Jersey Giveaway, Kids in Free Highlight Roadrunners Return Home - Tucson Roadrunners
- Wolves Dim the Stars Before 15,432 - Chicago Wolves
- Stars Fall in Morning Matchup with Wolves - Texas Stars
- Devante Smith-Pelly Assigned to Bears - Hershey Bears
- Minnesota Wild Recalls Forward J.T. Brown from Iowa - Iowa Wild
- Beauchemin Loaned to Brampton - Belleville Senators
- New York Islanders Select Oak View Group to Manage Webster Bank Arena - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Rangers Recall Lias Andersson from Hartford - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Comets Recall Kyle Thomas from Kalamazoo - Utica Comets
- Ottawa Recalls Chlapik and Archibald - Belleville Senators
- Philadelphia Has Loaned G Mike McKenna to Lehigh Valley - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- T-Birds Visit Hartford & Bridgeport in Important Road Weekend - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Devils Sign Bergin to PTO; Sissons Reassigned to Adirondack - Binghamton Devils
- Petersen Backstops Reign to 4-3 Victory - Ontario Reign
- Roadrunners' San Diego Streak Snapped in Wednesday's 5-2 Loss - Tucson Roadrunners
- Johnson Buzzer-Beater Caps Rally in Grand Rapids - Rockford IceHogs
- Gulls Enjoy Comforts of Home in 5-2 Victory - San Diego Gulls
- Weise Scores his First in Laval's 4-2 Loss - Laval Rocket
- Peterson Halts Relentless Heat Attack in Stockton's 4-3 Setback - Stockton Heat
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.