Devante Smith-Pelly Assigned to Bears
(Hershey, PA) - The Washington Capitals announced today that forward Devante Smith-Pelly has been re-assigned to the Hershey Bears. The announcement was made by Washington senior vice president and general manager Brian MacLellan.
Smith-Pelly, 26, has eight points (four goals, four assists) in 54 contests with the Capitals this season. He helped the Capitals to a Stanley Cup Championship in 2018, scoring eight points (seven goals, one assist) in 24 playoff games. He notched a goal in Games 3 and 4 of the Stanley Cup Final versus Vegas, and scored the tying goal in the deciding Game 5 victory.
The 6-foot, 223-pound winger collected 16 points (seven goals, nine assists) in 75 games with the Capitals in 2017-18. Smith-Pelly has played 395 career NHL games with Anaheim, Montreal, New Jersey, and Washington, scoring 101 points (44 goals, 57 assists). He was originally a second round selection, 42nd overall, of the Ducks in the 2010 NHL Draft.
The native of Scarborough, Ontario last played in the AHL with the Norfolk Admirals in 2013-14, a year in which he led the club with 27 goals, and finished second on the team in points with 43. In 124 career AHL games with Syracuse and Norfolk, Smith-Pelly has scored 76 points (41 goals, 35 assists).
The Bears have points in 15 straight games and have won nine games in a row. The club returns to action Friday in Wilkes-Barre/Scranton at 7:05 p.m. before hosting the Rockford IceHogs at 7 p.m. on Saturday at Giant Center. Ticket information is available at HersheyBears.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 21, 2019
- Predators Recall Gaudet from Milwaukee - Milwaukee Admirals
- 14th Annual Sled Hockey Game Returns February 26 at New Venue - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Kings Recall Jonny Brodzinski - Ontario Reign
- Eagles Sign Forward Kale Kessy to Professional Tryout Agreement - Colorado Eagles
- Binghamton Devils Release Free Mobile App - Binghamton Devils
- Iowa Wild Reassigns Goaltender C.J. Motte to Allen - Iowa Wild
- Dallas Stars Reassign Goaltender Landon Bow to Texas - Texas Stars
- Youth Jersey Giveaway, Kids in Free Highlight Roadrunners Return Home - Tucson Roadrunners
- Wolves Dim the Stars Before 15,432 - Chicago Wolves
- Stars Fall in Morning Matchup with Wolves - Texas Stars
- Devante Smith-Pelly Assigned to Bears - Hershey Bears
- Minnesota Wild Recalls Forward J.T. Brown from Iowa - Iowa Wild
- Beauchemin Loaned to Brampton - Belleville Senators
- New York Islanders Select Oak View Group to Manage Webster Bank Arena - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Rangers Recall Lias Andersson from Hartford - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Comets Recall Kyle Thomas from Kalamazoo - Utica Comets
- Ottawa Recalls Chlapik and Archibald - Belleville Senators
- Philadelphia Has Loaned G Mike McKenna to Lehigh Valley - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- T-Birds Visit Hartford & Bridgeport in Important Road Weekend - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Devils Sign Bergin to PTO; Sissons Reassigned to Adirondack - Binghamton Devils
- Petersen Backstops Reign to 4-3 Victory - Ontario Reign
- Roadrunners' San Diego Streak Snapped in Wednesday's 5-2 Loss - Tucson Roadrunners
- Johnson Buzzer-Beater Caps Rally in Grand Rapids - Rockford IceHogs
- Gulls Enjoy Comforts of Home in 5-2 Victory - San Diego Gulls
- Weise Scores his First in Laval's 4-2 Loss - Laval Rocket
- Peterson Halts Relentless Heat Attack in Stockton's 4-3 Setback - Stockton Heat
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Hershey Bears Stories
- Despite Two Shorthanded Goals, Bears Fall to Phantoms 4-3
- Game Preview: Bears at Phantoms, 7:05 p.m.
- Time Change for March 26 Road Game at Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Announced
- Hershey Bears Weekly: Strong Play Continues Heading into March
- Fucale and Bears Blank Devils, 3-0