Philadelphia Has Loaned G Mike McKenna to Lehigh Valley
Lehigh Valley, Pa. - The Philadelphia Flyers have announced today that they have loaned goaltender Mike McKenna to their American Hockey League affiliate, the Lehigh Valley Phantoms. In addition, the Lehigh Valley Phantoms have loaned goaltender Branden Komm to the Reading Royals of the ECHL.
McKenna, 35, has played in three games for the Lehigh Valley Phantoms, going 2-1, most recently with a 33-save victory on February 10, 2019 against Hartford during a conditioning stint. McKenna played in 11 NHL games this season, including one with the Philadelphia Flyers on January 8, 2019 against the Washington Capitals. McKenna also appeared in 10 games for the Ottawa Senators this season, posting a 1-4-1 record with a 3.96 goals against average and a 0.897 save percentage. He
A native of St. Louis, Missouri, McKenna has been very well-traveled during his hockey career. Over his 14-year professional career, McKenna has spent time with seven different NHL teams and played for 13 different AHL cities. McKenna has a 3.60 GAA and 0.890 save percentage in 35 NHL games during his career.
The 6-foot-2 goaltender has backstopped his team to the Calder Cup Finals in each of the last two seasons. He went 14-8 with a 2.41 GAA and .927 save percentage for the Texas Stars in 2018 and had a 13-9 record with a 2.68 GAA and .911 save percentage for the Syracuse Crunch in 2017. He won the 2017-18 President's Award, which goes to an AHL player in recognition of his outstanding accomplishments. McKenna currently ranks 8th in AHL history in wins (228), 9th in shutouts (27), and 10th in games played by a goaltender (470).
Komm, 27, appeared in four games for the Phantoms this season and is 1-2 with a 3.28 goals against average and 0.901 save percentage. Komm made his AHL debut in Hartford on January 5, 2019. Komm earned his first AHL victory after making 34 saves on January 25, 2019 against the Laval Rocket.
The 6-foot-1 goaltender has played 15 games this season for the Reading Royals and holds a 5-6-1-1 record with a 2.81 goals-against average and a .911 save percentage in the ECHL this year.
A native of Williamsville, New York, Komm is in his fifth professional season after four years at Bentley University. He has played in 118 games in the ECHL during his career and owns a 52-44-10 record. Komm was traded to the Royals on February 13, 2018 from the Manchester Monarchs and signed a one-year AHL contract with the Phantoms on August 31.
Season tickets offering a wide range of benefits as well as 21-Game and 13-Game plans are available by calling the Phantoms at 610-224-GOAL (4625).
And for the latest Phantoms news, visit www.phantomshockey.com or follow the team on Facebook, Twitter (@lvphantoms) and Instagram (@lehighvalleyphantoms).
The Phantoms are coming off an incredibly successful fourth campaign in the Lehigh Valley playing at the state-of-the-art PPL Center in which the team claimed the Atlantic Division Championship and finished with the AHL's second-most wins (47) along with the league's second-highest standings points total (104) while advancing to the third round of the Calder Cup Playoffs for just the fourth time in franchise history.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 21, 2019
- Predators Recall Gaudet from Milwaukee - Milwaukee Admirals
- 14th Annual Sled Hockey Game Returns February 26 at New Venue - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Kings Recall Jonny Brodzinski - Ontario Reign
- Eagles Sign Forward Kale Kessy to Professional Tryout Agreement - Colorado Eagles
- Binghamton Devils Release Free Mobile App - Binghamton Devils
- Iowa Wild Reassigns Goaltender C.J. Motte to Allen - Iowa Wild
- Dallas Stars Reassign Goaltender Landon Bow to Texas - Texas Stars
- Youth Jersey Giveaway, Kids in Free Highlight Roadrunners Return Home - Tucson Roadrunners
- Wolves Dim the Stars Before 15,432 - Chicago Wolves
- Stars Fall in Morning Matchup with Wolves - Texas Stars
- Devante Smith-Pelly Assigned to Bears - Hershey Bears
- Minnesota Wild Recalls Forward J.T. Brown from Iowa - Iowa Wild
- Beauchemin Loaned to Brampton - Belleville Senators
- New York Islanders Select Oak View Group to Manage Webster Bank Arena - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Rangers Recall Lias Andersson from Hartford - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Comets Recall Kyle Thomas from Kalamazoo - Utica Comets
- Ottawa Recalls Chlapik and Archibald - Belleville Senators
- Philadelphia Has Loaned G Mike McKenna to Lehigh Valley - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- T-Birds Visit Hartford & Bridgeport in Important Road Weekend - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Devils Sign Bergin to PTO; Sissons Reassigned to Adirondack - Binghamton Devils
- Petersen Backstops Reign to 4-3 Victory - Ontario Reign
- Roadrunners' San Diego Streak Snapped in Wednesday's 5-2 Loss - Tucson Roadrunners
- Johnson Buzzer-Beater Caps Rally in Grand Rapids - Rockford IceHogs
- Gulls Enjoy Comforts of Home in 5-2 Victory - San Diego Gulls
- Weise Scores his First in Laval's 4-2 Loss - Laval Rocket
- Peterson Halts Relentless Heat Attack in Stockton's 4-3 Setback - Stockton Heat
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Lehigh Valley Phantoms Stories
- Morgan Frost Earns First NHL Recall
- Phantoms Wrap up Road-Trip at Wilkes-Barre
- Phantoms Deviled at Binghamton
- Springfield Holds off 42-Shot Attack in Morning Game
- Phantoms Power Play