Weise Scores his First in Laval's 4-2 Loss
SYRACUSE - Dale Weise played in his first game with the Laval Rocket when the Rocket took on the divisional rival Syracuse Crunch at Onondaga County War Memorial Arena on Wednesday night, and though he got on the scoreboard, the Rocket were unable to defeat the Crunch and were defeated by a score of 4-2.
The first period was scoreless until the final five minutes of play which saw three goals beat Charlie Lindgren and Eddie Pasquale, the game's two goaltenders. The first two were in favour of the Crunch, with their goals coming just 1:10 apart to give them a 2-0 lead over Joël Bouchard and the Rocket. However, Maxim Lamarche picked up the puck in the offensive zone and backhanded his second of the season in the net, reducing the Rocket's deficit to one.
A breakaway goal from Alexander Volkov gave the Crunch another two-goal lead as he deked out Lindgren and put the puck over his pad to make it 3-1, but the two-goal lead quickly became a one-goal one. Less than two minutes after Volkov's goal, Dale Weise netted his first as a Rocket while on the powerplay thanks to a great pass from Jake Evans that allowed him to simply deflect the puck past Pasquale.
Alex Barre-Boulet's goal with just over five minutes to play in the third proved to be a back-breaker for the Rocket, since his 23rd of the season put the game out of reach for the visitors. The two-goal lead didn't prevent the Rocket from trying to get back and the game and pulling Lindgren while the Crunch were on the penalty kill however, but Syracuse resisted the Rocket's attempts and the game ended with a final score of 4-2.
"What's sad is that we competed and I think we had a good game," said Bouchard after the game. "But I think we were missing some execution tonight and the guys were fighting with the puck a bit, maybe more than normal. I found we had a lot of energy at the beginning of the game and we came to play."
LAV: Lamarche | Weise (Evans, Belzile)
SYR: Dumont (Verhaeghe, Barre-Boulet) | Conacher (Gaunce, Andreoff) | Volkov (Stephens, Gaunce) | Barre-Boulet (Verhaeghe, Andreoff)
Goaltenders: LAV: Lindgren (17/21) | SYR: Pasquale (25/27)
Rocket Powerplay: 1/4|Rocket Penalty Kill: 1/2
Three Stars: 1. Alex Barre-Boulet - SYR | 2. Cameron Gaunce - SYR | 3. Dale Weise - LAV
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 21, 2019
- Predators Recall Gaudet from Milwaukee - Milwaukee Admirals
- 14th Annual Sled Hockey Game Returns February 26 at New Venue - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Kings Recall Jonny Brodzinski - Ontario Reign
- Eagles Sign Forward Kale Kessy to Professional Tryout Agreement - Colorado Eagles
- Binghamton Devils Release Free Mobile App - Binghamton Devils
- Iowa Wild Reassigns Goaltender C.J. Motte to Allen - Iowa Wild
- Dallas Stars Reassign Goaltender Landon Bow to Texas - Texas Stars
- Youth Jersey Giveaway, Kids in Free Highlight Roadrunners Return Home - Tucson Roadrunners
- Wolves Dim the Stars Before 15,432 - Chicago Wolves
- Stars Fall in Morning Matchup with Wolves - Texas Stars
- Devante Smith-Pelly Assigned to Bears - Hershey Bears
- Minnesota Wild Recalls Forward J.T. Brown from Iowa - Iowa Wild
- Beauchemin Loaned to Brampton - Belleville Senators
- New York Islanders Select Oak View Group to Manage Webster Bank Arena - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Rangers Recall Lias Andersson from Hartford - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Comets Recall Kyle Thomas from Kalamazoo - Utica Comets
- Ottawa Recalls Chlapik and Archibald - Belleville Senators
- Philadelphia Has Loaned G Mike McKenna to Lehigh Valley - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- T-Birds Visit Hartford & Bridgeport in Important Road Weekend - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Devils Sign Bergin to PTO; Sissons Reassigned to Adirondack - Binghamton Devils
- Petersen Backstops Reign to 4-3 Victory - Ontario Reign
- Roadrunners' San Diego Streak Snapped in Wednesday's 5-2 Loss - Tucson Roadrunners
- Johnson Buzzer-Beater Caps Rally in Grand Rapids - Rockford IceHogs
- Gulls Enjoy Comforts of Home in 5-2 Victory - San Diego Gulls
- Weise Scores his First in Laval's 4-2 Loss - Laval Rocket
- Peterson Halts Relentless Heat Attack in Stockton's 4-3 Setback - Stockton Heat
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Laval Rocket Stories
- Laval Rocket Agree to Terms on One-Year Contracts with Samuel Vigneault and Corey Schueneman
- Rise Together, the Montreal Canadiens, Laval Rocket, Evenko and L'equipe Spectra Fundraising Initiative, Tops the $108,000 Mark
- Rocket Agree to Terms on a One-Year, One-Way AHL Contract with Forward Rafael Harvey-Pinard
- Rocket Agree to Terms on a One-Year, One-Way AHL Contract with Forward Yannick Veilleux
- Rise Together, Montreal Canadiens, Laval Rocket, Evenko and L'Equipe Spectra's Fundraising Initiative to Raise $66,340 with First Round of Auctions