New York Islanders Select Oak View Group to Manage Webster Bank Arena
BRIDGEPORT, Conn. - The New York Islanders announced today that they have selected Oak View Group to manage the Webster Bank Arena, a 10,000-seat multi-purpose arena which is home to the Bridgeport Sound Tigers of the American Hockey League.
Commencing February 28th, Oak View Group Facilities, a division of Oak View Group, will operate the arena on behalf of Harbor Yard Sports & Entertainment LLC, a subsidiary of the New York Islanders that operates the arena pursuant to an agreement with the City of Bridgeport. Oak View Group Facilities specializes in providing premium content and operating venues for its clients.
"It became clear to us that we needed a partner focused on attracting high-quality events and entertainment for our clients, customers and the region," said Travis Williams, President of Business Operations for the New York Islanders. "Oak View Group has an experienced team with extensive resources, contacts and knowledge of our industry that will help us to deliver these events."
"We look forward to having Oak View Group Facilities join us in Bridgeport and becoming part of our Connecticut community," added Williams.
"We are excited to extend our partnership with the Islanders to now provide content at the Webster Bank Arena," said Peter Luukko, Chairman of Oak View Group Facilities. "The arena is a great facility with tremendous potential, and we are excited to bring our Oak View Group resources and partnerships to Bridgeport to create new experiences for the region."
Oak View Group Facilities has named Matt Herpich, a 12-year industry veteran, as General Manager of Webster Bank Arena. Prior to relocating to Bridgeport, CT, Herpich was General Manager of SeatGeek Stadium in Chicago, IL. He also served as General Manager at Cross Insurance Arena in Portland, ME; the Wolstein Center on the campus of Cleveland State University in Cleveland, OH; and the USC Aiken Convocation Center in Aiken, SC.
Herpich will lead Oak View Group Facilities' on-site team and oversee the day-to-day operations of Webster Bank Arena, including booking events. He will work closely with Michael Picker who remains President of the Bridgeport Sound Tigers.
"Matt is a well-respected leader in our industry," Luukko added. "During his career, he nurtured many important relationships that helped drive successes at his arenas. We are proud to bring Matt to Bridgeport to lead our local efforts."
Webster Bank Arena has been a staple of the Bridgeport community since it opened in 2001, hosting nearly 150 events each year, including sporting events, family shows, concerts by world-famous musicians and much more. In addition to 10,000 seats, Webster Bank Arena features 68 suites of varying sizes, three large hospitality areas and a state of the art, 30x16 ft., high-definition video board.
Webster Bank Arena has been home to the New York Islanders' American Hockey League affiliate, the Bridgeport Sound Tigers, since the team's inception in 2001 and also hosts home games for Sacred Heart University's men's hockey program and Fairfield University's men's basketball team. More information is available by visiting websterbankarena.com.
Oak View Group Facilities, which was founded by Irving Azoff and Tim Leiweke and is supported by Silverlake, specializes in event programming, venue assessments and security and emergency preparedness. Oak View Group Facilities provides full management services for arenas, stadiums, convention centers and performing arts centers.
Oak View Group will activate its other divisions in support of Webster Bank Arena. Oak View Group's Global Partners will be instrumental in realizing new sponsorship and sales opportunities, and the Arena Alliance's resources will maximize opportunities for concerts, family shows and sporting events. Currently, 28 of North America's top performing arenas, including arenas for 15 National Basketball Association teams and 18 National Hockey League teams, comprise Oak View Group's Arena Alliance.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 21, 2019
- Predators Recall Gaudet from Milwaukee - Milwaukee Admirals
- 14th Annual Sled Hockey Game Returns February 26 at New Venue - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Kings Recall Jonny Brodzinski - Ontario Reign
- Eagles Sign Forward Kale Kessy to Professional Tryout Agreement - Colorado Eagles
- Binghamton Devils Release Free Mobile App - Binghamton Devils
- Iowa Wild Reassigns Goaltender C.J. Motte to Allen - Iowa Wild
- Dallas Stars Reassign Goaltender Landon Bow to Texas - Texas Stars
- Youth Jersey Giveaway, Kids in Free Highlight Roadrunners Return Home - Tucson Roadrunners
- Wolves Dim the Stars Before 15,432 - Chicago Wolves
- Stars Fall in Morning Matchup with Wolves - Texas Stars
- Devante Smith-Pelly Assigned to Bears - Hershey Bears
- Minnesota Wild Recalls Forward J.T. Brown from Iowa - Iowa Wild
- Beauchemin Loaned to Brampton - Belleville Senators
- New York Islanders Select Oak View Group to Manage Webster Bank Arena - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Rangers Recall Lias Andersson from Hartford - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Comets Recall Kyle Thomas from Kalamazoo - Utica Comets
- Ottawa Recalls Chlapik and Archibald - Belleville Senators
- Philadelphia Has Loaned G Mike McKenna to Lehigh Valley - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- T-Birds Visit Hartford & Bridgeport in Important Road Weekend - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Devils Sign Bergin to PTO; Sissons Reassigned to Adirondack - Binghamton Devils
- Petersen Backstops Reign to 4-3 Victory - Ontario Reign
- Roadrunners' San Diego Streak Snapped in Wednesday's 5-2 Loss - Tucson Roadrunners
- Johnson Buzzer-Beater Caps Rally in Grand Rapids - Rockford IceHogs
- Gulls Enjoy Comforts of Home in 5-2 Victory - San Diego Gulls
- Weise Scores his First in Laval's 4-2 Loss - Laval Rocket
- Peterson Halts Relentless Heat Attack in Stockton's 4-3 Setback - Stockton Heat
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Bridgeport Sound Tigers Stories
- Sound Tigers Set Home Opener for October 19
- Bridgeport's season ends in Game 5 overtime loss
- Sound Tigers Host Bears in Decisive Game 5 Tonight
- Lorito scores at 1:13 of overtime to force winner-take-all Game 5 on Saturday
- Sound Tigers Battle in Must-Win Game 4 Tonight