RAMPAGE: Butler Assigned to Rampage
SAN ANTONIO - St. Louis Blues President of Hockey Operations and General Manager Doug Armstrong announced on Sunday that defenseman Chris Butler has been assigned to the San Antonio Rampage.
Butler, 31, appeared in two games with the Blues to start the year, scoring his first goal of the season on Saturday night against the Chicago Blackhawks. The 2017-18 captain of the Rampage posted eight goals and 29 points in 61 games for San Antonio last year. He has collected 20 goals, 94 points, and a plus-23 rating in 220 career AHL games with Portland, Chicago, and San Antonio.
With Butler's addition, the Rampage have eight defensemen on the roster.
The Rampage continue their season-opening home stand on Tuesday night when they welcome the Milwaukee Admirals to the AT&T Center, with puck drop scheduled for 7 p.m. The game can be heard on The Ticket 760AM or viewed on AHLTV.
To purchase season tickets for the 2018-19 San Antonio Rampage campaign, contact a Rampage sales representative at 210-444-5554 or buy online at SARampage.com. The 2018-19 season is presented by H-E-B and Wells Fargo.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from October 7, 2018
- Correction: Iowa Wild Sees Record-Setting Night in 8-1 Rout against Manitoba - Iowa Wild
- Minnesota Wild Reassigns Luke Kunin to Iowa - Iowa Wild
- Bridgeport uses two power-play goals for the second straight night to earn first win of the season - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Bears Drop Tight Contest to Sound Tigers, 2-1 - Hershey Bears
- Penalties Hurt Rocket in 3-1 Loss to Hartford Wolf Pack - Laval Rocket
- Iowa Crushes Moose 8-1 - Manitoba Moose
- Wolf Pack Scores Early to Beat Laval - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Syracuse Crunch Announce Details for 25th Home Opener Presented by Upstate University Hospital October 13 - Syracuse Crunch
- Peter Budaj Recalled by Los Angeles - Ontario Reign
- Game Preview: The Stanley Cup Visits Hershey on Washington Capitals Night - Hershey Bears
- RAMPAGE: Butler Assigned to Rampage - San Antonio Rampage
- Penguins Send Birks, Spinozzi and Brown to Wheeling - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Roadrunners Rally with Explosive Third; Top Gulls 6-4 - Tucson Roadrunners
- 'Cuda Edge Condors 5-1 Behind Korenar's Strong Debut - San Jose Barracuda
- Reign Win in OT - Ontario Reign
- Condors Fall to San Jose - Bakersfield Condors
- San Antonio Stuffs Griffins, 4-0 - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Hot Start Propels Chicago to 5-1 Win over Colorado - Colorado Eagles
- Rocket Open Season with Comeback Victory over Bruins - Laval Rocket
- Chicago Wolves Win Second Straight at Colorado - Chicago Wolves
- Taylor Picks up Win in Admirals Debut - Milwaukee Admirals
- Foo Records Three-Point Night in Overtime Loss to Ontario - Stockton Heat
- Husso Blanks Griffins on Opening Night - San Antonio Rampage
- Stars Force Overtime with Late Comeback, Fall 4-3 - Texas Stars
- Amerks Fall Short in Rematch with Checkers - Rochester Americans
- Phantoms Celebrate Fifth Season Opener with 6-3 Win - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Bellows scores first pro goal in his debut Saturday night - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent San Antonio Rampage Stories
- Jake Walman Named Rampage 2019-20 IOA/American Specialty Man of the Year
- Admirals Top Rampage with Third Period Outburst
- Ingram Leads Admirals to Shutout Win over Rampage
- Stars Defeat Chimuelos on Late Robertson Goal
- Comeback Effort Falls Short against Grand Rapids