Syracuse Crunch Announce Details for 25th Home Opener Presented by Upstate University Hospital October 13
SYRACUSE, N.Y. - The Syracuse Crunch have announced details for the team's 25th Home Opener presented by Upstate University Hospital when the team hosts the Charlotte Checkers on Saturday, Oct. 13 at 7 p.m.
The game will be highlighted by an opening ceremony featuring one former Crunch player from each of the team's affiliations - Vancouver Canucks, Columbus Blue Jackets, Anaheim Ducks and Tampa Bay Lightning - accompanied by the mascot from that affiliation. Additional special guests will include former Onondaga County Executive Nicholas J. Pirro and Ryan McMahon, current chairman of the Onondaga County Legislature and successor to Joanie Mahoney as County Executive. The Crunch will also recreate elements from the team's inaugural 1994 home opener.
Following introductions, the Crunch will begin the 25th season celebration with an opening video on the brand-new state-of-the-art scoreboard and ribbons lights looking back on the franchise's history. During the game, the team will wear silver specialty jerseys.
Additionally, the first 2,500 fans in attendance on Oct. 13 will receive LED foam batons, courtesy of Upstate University Hospital.
The region's largest employer with nearly 9,000 employees, Upstate Medical University is the only academic medical center in Central New York, serving the New Yorkers from Canada to Pennsylvania with its educational, clinical and research missions. Upstate University Hospital, with two campuses Downtown and Community, employ nearly 2,000 nurses. A highlight of Upstate's leading role in the region is its ability to ensure access to vital one-of-a-kind services, such as burn and trauma care, an array of highly specialized pediatric services and the area's only comprehensive stroke center.
Single game tickets and packages for the 2018-19 season are on sale now and can be purchased in person at the Crunch office located inside the War Memorial Arena at 800 S. State St. in Syracuse, by calling the office at 315-473-4444 or online through Ticketmaster. For the latest Crunch news, visit www.syracusecrunch.com or follow the club on Facebook (www.facebook.com/syracusecrunch), Twitter (@SyracuseCrunch) and Instagram (@syracusecrunch) using #SyrCrunch.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from October 7, 2018
- Correction: Iowa Wild Sees Record-Setting Night in 8-1 Rout against Manitoba - Iowa Wild
- Minnesota Wild Reassigns Luke Kunin to Iowa - Iowa Wild
- Bridgeport uses two power-play goals for the second straight night to earn first win of the season - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Bears Drop Tight Contest to Sound Tigers, 2-1 - Hershey Bears
- Penalties Hurt Rocket in 3-1 Loss to Hartford Wolf Pack - Laval Rocket
- Iowa Crushes Moose 8-1 - Manitoba Moose
- Wolf Pack Scores Early to Beat Laval - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Syracuse Crunch Announce Details for 25th Home Opener Presented by Upstate University Hospital October 13 - Syracuse Crunch
- Peter Budaj Recalled by Los Angeles - Ontario Reign
- Game Preview: The Stanley Cup Visits Hershey on Washington Capitals Night - Hershey Bears
- RAMPAGE: Butler Assigned to Rampage - San Antonio Rampage
- Penguins Send Birks, Spinozzi and Brown to Wheeling - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Roadrunners Rally with Explosive Third; Top Gulls 6-4 - Tucson Roadrunners
- 'Cuda Edge Condors 5-1 Behind Korenar's Strong Debut - San Jose Barracuda
- Reign Win in OT - Ontario Reign
- Condors Fall to San Jose - Bakersfield Condors
- San Antonio Stuffs Griffins, 4-0 - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Hot Start Propels Chicago to 5-1 Win over Colorado - Colorado Eagles
- Rocket Open Season with Comeback Victory over Bruins - Laval Rocket
- Chicago Wolves Win Second Straight at Colorado - Chicago Wolves
- Taylor Picks up Win in Admirals Debut - Milwaukee Admirals
- Foo Records Three-Point Night in Overtime Loss to Ontario - Stockton Heat
- Husso Blanks Griffins on Opening Night - San Antonio Rampage
- Stars Force Overtime with Late Comeback, Fall 4-3 - Texas Stars
- Amerks Fall Short in Rematch with Checkers - Rochester Americans
- Phantoms Celebrate Fifth Season Opener with 6-3 Win - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Bellows scores first pro goal in his debut Saturday night - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Syracuse Crunch Stories
- Tampa Bay Lightning Sign Free Agent Defenseman Sean Day
- Alex Barre-Boulet Named to 2019-20 AHL Second All-Star Team
- Syracuse Crunch Statement Regarding the Cancellation of the Remainder of the 2019-20 Season
- Tampa Bay Lightning Re-Sign Forward Daniel Walcott to One-Year Contract
- Daniel Walcott Named Syracuse Crunch's 2019-20 IOA/American Specialty AHL Man of the Year