Prospect Infielders Hiraldo and Jimenez Join Lugnuts
LANSING, Mich. - In conjunction with the Toronto Blue Jays, the Lansing Lugnuts have placed pitchers Marcus Reyes and Troy Watson on the 7-day Injured List and have received infielders Miguel Hiraldo and Leonardo Jimenez from Advanced Rookie Bluefield.
Hiraldo and Jimenez, both 18, are rated among the Blue Jays' top prospects; Hiraldo, from Santiago, D.R., is ranked MLB Pipeline's No. 10 Jays prospect, while Jimenez, from Chitre, Panama, is ranked MLB Pipeline's No. 15 Jays prospect. Hiraldo slashed .300/.348/.457 with 71 hits (20 doubles, one triple, seven homers) in 56 games, while Jimenez slashed .298/.377/.377 with 64 hits (13 doubles, two triples) in 56 games.
The Lugnuts (34-33, 66-70) open a three-game season-ending series tonight at 7:05 p.m. against the Fort Wayne TinCaps (28-39, 61-74) at Parkview Field. The Nuts return home on Tuesday for the 13th Annual Crosstown Showdown presented by Auto-Owners Insurance against the Michigan State Spartans. For more information, visit lansinglugnuts.com or call (517) 485-4500.
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from August 31, 2019
- Chicago Cubs Pitcher Derek Holland Expected to Pitch for South Bend Cubs on Rehab Assignment Sunday - South Bend Cubs
- Cougars Blow out Bees, Remain Tied for First - Kane County Cougars
- Hot Rods Claim Second-Half Eastern Division Title with 5-4 Win - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- LumberKings Thump Chiefs in 7th Straight Win - Clinton LumberKings
- Hot Rods Clinch First Place in Eastern Division and Beat Cubs 5-4 - South Bend Cubs
- Series-Opening Shutout in Lake County - Great Lakes Loons
- Greene Sparks Whitecaps Rally in 5-4 Win - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Beloit Loses Close Game 3-1 - Beloit Snappers
- Kernels Beat Beloit 3-1 - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Loons Shut out Picantes - Lake County Captains
- Big 6th Inning Lifts West Michigan to Comeback Win over Dragons - Dayton Dragons
- Williams-Sutton's Grand Slam Highlights Resounding TinCaps Win - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Williams-Sutton Slams Lugnuts, 9-2 - Lansing Lugnuts
- Prospect Infielders Hiraldo and Jimenez Join Lugnuts - Lansing Lugnuts
- Chris Williams joins Kernels from Fort Myers - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- TinCaps Game Notes: August 31 vs. Lansing (Game 136) - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Edwuin Bencomo transferred from Fort Wayne to High-A Lake Elsinore Storm - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Dragons Notes for Saturday - Dayton Dragons
- South Bend Cubs Punch Their Ticket to the Postseason - South Bend Cubs
- Cubs Clinch Playoff Berth in 6-4 Victory over TinCaps - South Bend Cubs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.