Beloit Loses Close Game 3-1
BELOIT, WI - In a tight, low hitting affair, the Beloit Snappers fell to the Cedar Rapids Kernels by a final score of 3-1 tonight on Fan Appreciation Night. Beloit got out to the early 1-0 lead, but 3 unanswered runs from the Kernels ended up being the deciding factor.
Beloit would get the first and their only run in the first inning. After Beloit got the first two runners on courtesy of free passes, the Snappers would get a single from Anthony Churlin to plate Joseph Pena and push the Snappers out to the 1-0 lead.
Then, Cedar Rapids would get a run each in the fourth, sixth, and seventh innings to plate 3 runs and take the 3-1 victory.
For Beloit on the mound, Angello Infante got the start and threw 6 solid innings giving up just 2 runs, but only 1 was earned. Infante left the game trailing and will get tabbed with the tough loss, but not after punching out 7 and giving up just 5 hits.
Beloit will next be in action tomorrow when they take on the Cedar Rapids Kernels in game two of this 3- game set. This is the final series of the year and kids get to run the bases after the game, so we hope to see you at Pohlman Field for a 2:00 first pitch.
The Beloit Snappers are a member of the Midwest League and have been the Single-A affiliate of the Oakland Athletics. For more ticket information, contact the Snappers office at (608) 362-2272 or visit our website, www.snappersbaseball.com.
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from August 31, 2019
- Chicago Cubs Pitcher Derek Holland Expected to Pitch for South Bend Cubs on Rehab Assignment Sunday - South Bend Cubs
- Cougars Blow out Bees, Remain Tied for First - Kane County Cougars
- Hot Rods Claim Second-Half Eastern Division Title with 5-4 Win - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- LumberKings Thump Chiefs in 7th Straight Win - Clinton LumberKings
- Hot Rods Clinch First Place in Eastern Division and Beat Cubs 5-4 - South Bend Cubs
- Series-Opening Shutout in Lake County - Great Lakes Loons
- Greene Sparks Whitecaps Rally in 5-4 Win - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Beloit Loses Close Game 3-1 - Beloit Snappers
- Kernels Beat Beloit 3-1 - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Loons Shut out Picantes - Lake County Captains
- Big 6th Inning Lifts West Michigan to Comeback Win over Dragons - Dayton Dragons
- Williams-Sutton's Grand Slam Highlights Resounding TinCaps Win - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Williams-Sutton Slams Lugnuts, 9-2 - Lansing Lugnuts
- Prospect Infielders Hiraldo and Jimenez Join Lugnuts - Lansing Lugnuts
- Chris Williams joins Kernels from Fort Myers - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- TinCaps Game Notes: August 31 vs. Lansing (Game 136) - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Edwuin Bencomo transferred from Fort Wayne to High-A Lake Elsinore Storm - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Dragons Notes for Saturday - Dayton Dragons
- South Bend Cubs Punch Their Ticket to the Postseason - South Bend Cubs
- Cubs Clinch Playoff Berth in 6-4 Victory over TinCaps - South Bend Cubs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.