Philadelphia Union Announce 2020 Home Opener
CHESTER, Pa. - Coming off of a historic season and playoff win, Philadelphia Union, in conjunction with Major League Soccer, today announced that Philadelphia Union will host San Jose Earthquakes in the club's 2020 home opener. The match is set for Saturday, March 14 at 7:30 p.m. ET. All local and national broadcast schedules will also be announced in the near future.
The club enters the 2020 season after setting club records in wins, wins at home, goals and assists. At the end of the 2019 season, the Union went into San Jose and became the first team since March to knock off the Quakes at home, which effectively ended San Jose's hopes of making the playoffs.
The Union begin their 2020 campaign by traveling to Toyota Stadium to take on FC Dallas in the first week of the MLS season. That match is the home opener for FC Dallas and is set for 6:00 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 29.
Union supporters can guarantee a seat in Talen Energy Stadium for the home opener against San Jose Earthquakes by purchasing a Holiday Home Opener Four Pack. The special offer includes four tickets to the match as well as two scarves. The club is also offering a 5+1 Partial Plan , where fans can choose five games to attend and get a ticket to the home opener included for free.
Philadelphia is undefeated in five of their last six home openers at Talen Energy Stadium (3-1-2), registering a 5-3-2 record overall in their all-time home-opening matches.
For a full list of the 2020 Major League Soccer home openers visit MLSsoccer.com.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from December 5, 2019
- FC Cincinnati Sign Midfielder Haris Medunjanin - FC Cincinnati
- The FC Cincinnati Foundation Generates $1 Million Impact in First Year - FC Cincinnati
- Columbus Crew SC to Host Invitational College Combine this Saturday - Columbus Crew SC
- Atlanta United Re-Signs Jeff Larentowicz - Atlanta United FC
- FC Dallas Acquires Thiago Santos from Palmeiras - FC Dallas
- Earthquakes 2020 Home Opener Set for February 29 vs. Toronto FC - San Jose Earthquakes
- Sounders FC to Open 2020 Season at Home March 1 vs. Chicago - Seattle Sounders FC
- LA Galaxy 2020 MLS Home Opener Set for Saturday, March 7 at Dignity Health Sports Park - LA Galaxy
- Real Salt Lake to Face New York Red Bulls in 2020 Home Opener - Real Salt Lake
- Chicago Fire FC to Kick off 2020 MLS Season on March 1 against Reigning MLS Cup Champions Seattle Sounders FC - Chicago Fire
- Home Openers Announced for 25th Season of Major League Soccer - Nashville SC
- Inter Miami CF to Make Worldwide Debut at LAFC - Inter Miami
- Atlanta United Home Opener Set for Saturday, March 7 against FC Cincinnati - Atlanta United FC
- LAFC to Host Expansion Side Inter Miami Cf in 2020 MLS Regular Season Home Opener - Los Angeles FC
- Philadelphia Union Announce 2020 Home Opener - Philadelphia Union
- Orlando City to Host Real Salt Lake in 2020 MLS Season Opener on February 29 - Orlando City SC
- New York Red Bulls Open MLS Season at Home on March 1 - New York Red Bulls
- Vancouver Whitecaps FC to Kick off MLS Regular Season on February 29 - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Toronto FC Home Opener Set for March 7 - Toronto FC
- New England Revolution Announce 2020 Opening Matches - New England Revolution
- Timbers Kick off 10th MLS Season against Minnesota United FC at Providence Park on March 1 - Portland Timbers
- Home Openers Announced for 25th Season of Major League Soccer - MLS
- Impact to Play Home Opener on February 29 at the Olympic Stadium - Montreal Impact
- New York City FC Announces First Three 2020 MLS Matches Including Home Opener against FC Dallas on Saturday, March 14 - New York City FC
- Dynamo Face LA Galaxy for Opening Day Pres. by BBVA on February 29 - Houston Dynamo
- Columbus Crew SC to Host New York City FC for 2020 MLS Opening Match on March 1 - Columbus Crew SC
- FC Dallas Opens 2020 Season against the Philadelphia Union on Saturday, February 29 at Toyota Stadium - FC Dallas
- Minnesota United Announces 2020 Home Opener for 25th Season of MLS - Minnesota United FC
- D.C. United to Play the Colorado Rapids on February 29 in 2020 MLS Home Opener at Audi Field - D.C. United
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Philadelphia Union Stories
- Philadelphia Union Announces New Partnership with Ardent Credit Union
- Philadelphia Union Sign Midfielder Matej Oravec
- Philadelphia Union and Bimbo Bakeries USA Unveil Artesano Bakery Bread Brand as Away Jersey Logo
- Philadelphia Union Sign Defender Mark McKenzie to New Contract
- BODYARMOR Becomes Official Sports Drink of Philadelphia Union