Dynamo Face LA Galaxy for Opening Day Pres. by BBVA on February 29
HOUSTON - The Houston Dynamo will leap into the 2020 season when they host the LA Galaxy for Opening Day presented by BBVA on Saturday, Feb. 29 at BBVA Stadium, Major League Soccer announced today. The kickoff time for the Opening Day fixture is set for 2:30 p.m. CST.
The club will embark on a new era under the leadership of head coach Tab Ramos, one of the greatest and most decorated players in American soccer history. Ramos, the first player to sign with MLS in 1995 prior to the league's launch in 1996, will lead La Naranja after serving as head coach of the U.S. Under-20 National Team for eight years and leading the U-20s to unprecedented success on the international stage.
The full schedule for the 2020 Dynamo season is expected to be released later this month, and individual match tickets for Opening Day will go on sale early next year. Fans can secure their seats for Opening Day and every match by becoming a Houston Dynamo 365 Member. Dynamo 365 Members receive a number of exclusive benefits, including Members-only loyalty pricing, gifts, privileges and year-round experiences and events. Annual memberships start as low as $30 per month.
During the club's 14-year history, the Dynamo have gone 8-2-4 in home openers and are 6-1-1 in home openers at BBVA Stadium. Last year, the Dynamo opened the 2019 MLS season with a 1-1 draw against Real Salt Lake thanks to a second-half equalizer from striker Mauro Manotas at BBVA Stadium.
The Dynamo will open the 2020 season with a rematch of the 2019 season finale. Houston defeated the Galaxy 4-2 on Decision Day thanks in part to a brace from forward Christian Ramirez. With Ramirez and Manotas leading the charge in conjunction with wingers Alberth Elis and Memo Rodriguez, the Dynamo boast one of the most potent attacking groups in the league. Houston's arsenal will feature a new weapon with the addition Darwin Quintero, who joined the Dynamo via trade in November.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from December 5, 2019
- FC Cincinnati Sign Midfielder Haris Medunjanin - FC Cincinnati
- The FC Cincinnati Foundation Generates $1 Million Impact in First Year - FC Cincinnati
- Columbus Crew SC to Host Invitational College Combine this Saturday - Columbus Crew SC
- Atlanta United Re-Signs Jeff Larentowicz - Atlanta United FC
- FC Dallas Acquires Thiago Santos from Palmeiras - FC Dallas
- Earthquakes 2020 Home Opener Set for February 29 vs. Toronto FC - San Jose Earthquakes
- Sounders FC to Open 2020 Season at Home March 1 vs. Chicago - Seattle Sounders FC
- LA Galaxy 2020 MLS Home Opener Set for Saturday, March 7 at Dignity Health Sports Park - LA Galaxy
- Real Salt Lake to Face New York Red Bulls in 2020 Home Opener - Real Salt Lake
- Chicago Fire FC to Kick off 2020 MLS Season on March 1 against Reigning MLS Cup Champions Seattle Sounders FC - Chicago Fire
- Home Openers Announced for 25th Season of Major League Soccer - Nashville SC
- Inter Miami CF to Make Worldwide Debut at LAFC - Inter Miami CF
- Atlanta United Home Opener Set for Saturday, March 7 against FC Cincinnati - Atlanta United FC
- LAFC to Host Expansion Side Inter Miami Cf in 2020 MLS Regular Season Home Opener - Los Angeles FC
- Philadelphia Union Announce 2020 Home Opener - Philadelphia Union
- Orlando City to Host Real Salt Lake in 2020 MLS Season Opener on February 29 - Orlando City SC
- New York Red Bulls Open MLS Season at Home on March 1 - New York Red Bulls
- Vancouver Whitecaps FC to Kick off MLS Regular Season on February 29 - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Toronto FC Home Opener Set for March 7 - Toronto FC
- New England Revolution Announce 2020 Opening Matches - New England Revolution
- Timbers Kick off 10th MLS Season against Minnesota United FC at Providence Park on March 1 - Portland Timbers
- Home Openers Announced for 25th Season of Major League Soccer - MLS
- Impact to Play Home Opener on February 29 at the Olympic Stadium - Montreal Impact
- New York City FC Announces First Three 2020 MLS Matches Including Home Opener against FC Dallas on Saturday, March 14 - New York City FC
- Dynamo Face LA Galaxy for Opening Day Pres. by BBVA on February 29 - Houston Dynamo
- Columbus Crew SC to Host New York City FC for 2020 MLS Opening Match on March 1 - Columbus Crew SC
- FC Dallas Opens 2020 Season against the Philadelphia Union on Saturday, February 29 at Toyota Stadium - FC Dallas
- Minnesota United Announces 2020 Home Opener for 25th Season of MLS - Minnesota United FC
- D.C. United to Play the Colorado Rapids on February 29 in 2020 MLS Home Opener at Audi Field - D.C. United
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Houston Dynamo Stories
- 10-Man Dynamo Fall 2-1 at Los Angeles FC
- Three Points: Houston Dynamo Face Carlos Vela and LAFC to Open Road Trip
- Dynamo Draw 1-1 with Columbus Crew SC
- Three Points: Houston Dynamo Return to Bbva Stadium to Host Columbus Crew SC
- Dynamo & 76 to Host Drive-In Watch Party for FC Dallas Match at Space City Shows