New York Red Bulls Open MLS Season at Home on March 1
HARRISON, N.J. - The New York Red Bulls will open their 25th season at home against FC Cincinnati on Sunday, March 1 at 1 p.m. ET, Major League Soccer announced today.
New York is 107-27-34 at Red Bull Arena in the MLS regular season, the best home record in the league since RBA opened in 2010. The Red Bulls have the most wins and points (355) in that time period.
New York is 8-8-8 all-time in season openers, and 6-2-1 when opening the season at home. New York is 3-1-0 when opening the season at Red Bull Arena, most recently earning a 4-0 over the Portland Timbers on opening day in 2018.
The Red Bulls are 3-0-0 all-time against FC Cincinnati, taking both MLS meetings last year, and also ending Cincy's run in the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup in 2017. New York won the only match at Red Bull Arena, 1-0 last April.
The Red Bulls also learned two additional away dates, as they will travel to Utah for Real Salt Lake's home opener on Saturday, March 7 (2 p.m. ET) and make their first visit to Allianz Field to face Minnesota United FC on Sunday, March 15 (7 p.m. ET).
New York Red Bulls 2020 Red Memberships are available now. The 2020 home opener is also available now as part of the Red Bulls Holiday Pack. For more information or to purchase, visit www.newyorkredbulls.com/tickets or call 1.877.727.6223.
The 2020 season marks the 25th season of Major League Soccer and the franchise. During the 2020 MLS regular season, each club will play 34 games, including 17 home games and 17 away games. Teams will face each of their conference opponents twice during the season, one game at home and one game away, for a total of 24 matches. The additional 10 regular season matches will be played against opponents from the other conference. Those inter-conference opponents will be revealed with the full 2020 schedule in the coming weeks.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from December 5, 2019
- FC Cincinnati Sign Midfielder Haris Medunjanin - FC Cincinnati
- The FC Cincinnati Foundation Generates $1 Million Impact in First Year - FC Cincinnati
- Columbus Crew SC to Host Invitational College Combine this Saturday - Columbus Crew SC
- Atlanta United Re-Signs Jeff Larentowicz - Atlanta United FC
- FC Dallas Acquires Thiago Santos from Palmeiras - FC Dallas
- Earthquakes 2020 Home Opener Set for February 29 vs. Toronto FC - San Jose Earthquakes
- Sounders FC to Open 2020 Season at Home March 1 vs. Chicago - Seattle Sounders FC
- LA Galaxy 2020 MLS Home Opener Set for Saturday, March 7 at Dignity Health Sports Park - LA Galaxy
- Real Salt Lake to Face New York Red Bulls in 2020 Home Opener - Real Salt Lake
- Chicago Fire FC to Kick off 2020 MLS Season on March 1 against Reigning MLS Cup Champions Seattle Sounders FC - Chicago Fire
- Home Openers Announced for 25th Season of Major League Soccer - Nashville SC
- Inter Miami CF to Make Worldwide Debut at LAFC - Inter Miami CF
- Atlanta United Home Opener Set for Saturday, March 7 against FC Cincinnati - Atlanta United FC
- LAFC to Host Expansion Side Inter Miami Cf in 2020 MLS Regular Season Home Opener - Los Angeles FC
- Philadelphia Union Announce 2020 Home Opener - Philadelphia Union
- Orlando City to Host Real Salt Lake in 2020 MLS Season Opener on February 29 - Orlando City SC
- New York Red Bulls Open MLS Season at Home on March 1 - New York Red Bulls
- Vancouver Whitecaps FC to Kick off MLS Regular Season on February 29 - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Toronto FC Home Opener Set for March 7 - Toronto FC
- New England Revolution Announce 2020 Opening Matches - New England Revolution
- Timbers Kick off 10th MLS Season against Minnesota United FC at Providence Park on March 1 - Portland Timbers
- Home Openers Announced for 25th Season of Major League Soccer - MLS
- Impact to Play Home Opener on February 29 at the Olympic Stadium - Club de Foot Montreal
- New York City FC Announces First Three 2020 MLS Matches Including Home Opener against FC Dallas on Saturday, March 14 - New York City FC
- Dynamo Face LA Galaxy for Opening Day Pres. by BBVA on February 29 - Houston Dynamo
- Columbus Crew SC to Host New York City FC for 2020 MLS Opening Match on March 1 - Columbus Crew SC
- FC Dallas Opens 2020 Season against the Philadelphia Union on Saturday, February 29 at Toyota Stadium - FC Dallas
- Minnesota United Announces 2020 Home Opener for 25th Season of MLS - Minnesota United FC
- D.C. United to Play the Colorado Rapids on February 29 in 2020 MLS Home Opener at Audi Field - D.C. United
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New York Red Bulls Stories
- New York Red Bulls Name Jyri Nieminen Goalkeeper Coach
- New York Red Bulls Defender Kyle Duncan Named to U-23 USMNT January Camp
- New York Red Bulls Defender Aaron Long Named to USMNT Roster for January Camp
- New York Red Bulls Acquire Third-Round SuperDraft Pick from Inter Miami CF
- Jared Stroud Selected in MLS Expansion Draft