Orlando City to Host Real Salt Lake in 2020 MLS Season Opener on February 29
ORLANDO, Fla. - Orlando City SC opens its 2020 Major League Soccer campaign presented by Orlando Health on Saturday, February 29, at Exploria Stadium. The Oscar Pareja era will begin with the Lions kicking off its sixth-consecutive season opener presented by Orlando Health by playing host to Western Conference opponent Real Salt Lake at 6 p.m. ET.
An exclusive presale opportunity will begin for Season Ticket Members at 10 a.m. ET on Friday, December 6. Member Service representatives will email Season Ticket Members directly with more information. Those wishing to become a 2020 Season Ticket Member can join for under $17 per match. More information can be found at the link here.
Fans can also take advantage of the Home Opener Holiday Pack presented by Orlando Health, which includes two (2) tickets to the 2020 home openers for Orlando City (MLS), Orlando Pride (NWSL) and Orlando City B (USL League One). Details on that package, which also include two limited edition coffee mugs, can be found here.
Fans can also inquire about group ticket information for the upcoming season at the link here or by calling (855) ORL-CITY for information on all ticketing options.
2020 will mark the second time in the Club's short history that they begin a season against the Claret and Cobalt. In 2016, the two sides battled to a 2-2 draw at Camping World Stadium with the Lions scoring two goals in second-half stoppage time for a thrilling comeback in front of 60,147 fans.
Under the new guidance of Pareja, Orlando will look to remain undefeated in season openers. The Club has compiled a 1-0-4 all-time record in debut games, most recently drawing NYCFC 2-2 on March 2, 2019.
The Lions will begin the 2020 season with back-to-back matches against Western Conference foes, traveling to face Colorado on Saturday, March 7 in the Rapids home opener. That match will kickoff at 9 p.m. ET.
To celebrate and lead-up to the 2020 home opener, Orlando City will once again be hosting a series of fan-centric events in the annual Kickoff to Soccer. Details on those events will be announced at a future date.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from December 5, 2019
- FC Cincinnati Sign Midfielder Haris Medunjanin - FC Cincinnati
- The FC Cincinnati Foundation Generates $1 Million Impact in First Year - FC Cincinnati
- Columbus Crew SC to Host Invitational College Combine this Saturday - Columbus Crew SC
- Atlanta United Re-Signs Jeff Larentowicz - Atlanta United FC
- FC Dallas Acquires Thiago Santos from Palmeiras - FC Dallas
- Earthquakes 2020 Home Opener Set for February 29 vs. Toronto FC - San Jose Earthquakes
- Sounders FC to Open 2020 Season at Home March 1 vs. Chicago - Seattle Sounders FC
- LA Galaxy 2020 MLS Home Opener Set for Saturday, March 7 at Dignity Health Sports Park - LA Galaxy
- Real Salt Lake to Face New York Red Bulls in 2020 Home Opener - Real Salt Lake
- Chicago Fire FC to Kick off 2020 MLS Season on March 1 against Reigning MLS Cup Champions Seattle Sounders FC - Chicago Fire
- Home Openers Announced for 25th Season of Major League Soccer - Nashville SC
- Inter Miami CF to Make Worldwide Debut at LAFC - Inter Miami
- Atlanta United Home Opener Set for Saturday, March 7 against FC Cincinnati - Atlanta United FC
- LAFC to Host Expansion Side Inter Miami Cf in 2020 MLS Regular Season Home Opener - Los Angeles FC
- Philadelphia Union Announce 2020 Home Opener - Philadelphia Union
- Orlando City to Host Real Salt Lake in 2020 MLS Season Opener on February 29 - Orlando City SC
- New York Red Bulls Open MLS Season at Home on March 1 - New York Red Bulls
- Vancouver Whitecaps FC to Kick off MLS Regular Season on February 29 - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Toronto FC Home Opener Set for March 7 - Toronto FC
- New England Revolution Announce 2020 Opening Matches - New England Revolution
- Timbers Kick off 10th MLS Season against Minnesota United FC at Providence Park on March 1 - Portland Timbers
- Home Openers Announced for 25th Season of Major League Soccer - MLS
- Impact to Play Home Opener on February 29 at the Olympic Stadium - Montreal Impact
- New York City FC Announces First Three 2020 MLS Matches Including Home Opener against FC Dallas on Saturday, March 14 - New York City FC
- Dynamo Face LA Galaxy for Opening Day Pres. by BBVA on February 29 - Houston Dynamo
- Columbus Crew SC to Host New York City FC for 2020 MLS Opening Match on March 1 - Columbus Crew SC
- FC Dallas Opens 2020 Season against the Philadelphia Union on Saturday, February 29 at Toyota Stadium - FC Dallas
- Minnesota United Announces 2020 Home Opener for 25th Season of MLS - Minnesota United FC
- D.C. United to Play the Colorado Rapids on February 29 in 2020 MLS Home Opener at Audi Field - D.C. United
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Orlando City SC Stories
- Orlando City SC Announces 2020 Preseason Schedule
- Pressure Hardened Gallese Ready to Make MLS Impact
- Orlando City SC Acquires Peruvian Goalkeeper Pedro Gallese
- Orlando City SC Unveils Official Training Ground at Ribbon Cutting Ceremony
- Orlando City SC Selects Defender Nick O'Callaghan in Third Round of 2020 MLS SuperDraft