New England Revolution Announce 2020 Opening Matches
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. - Major League Soccer has announced the lineup of home openers for the 2020 season - Major League Soccer's 25th Season Celebration . The Revolution will open the 2020 MLS campaign in Canada, where the club will face the Montreal Impact on Saturday, Feb. 29 at 3:00 p.m. ET. New England then opens its 2020 home slate against Chicago Fire FC at Gillette Stadium on Saturday, March 7 at 1:30 p.m. ET. The full list of MLS home openers is available online on MLSsoccer.com.
New England Revolution Season Memberships for the 2020 season are currently on sale starting at $29 per month. In addition to the same great seats for all 17 regular season home games, members enjoy several exclusive benefits including ticket exchange options, opportunities to meet the team or travel to an away match, pre-sale and discount opportunities for Gillette Stadium events, and much more. For more information and to purchase a Season Membership, call 1-877-GET-REVS or visit https://www.revolutionsoccer.net/memberships .
2020 MLS Regular Season: New England Revolution Season Openers
Date Opponent Venue Time
Saturday, Feb. 29 at Montreal Impact Olympic Stadium
(Montreal, Quebec) 3:00 p.m. ET
Saturday, March 7 Chicago Fire FC Gillette Stadium
(Foxborough, Mass.) 1:30 p.m. ET
New England opens the season with an away match for the 12th consecutive year. This season's trip to Canada marks the earliest season opener in club history, as well as the first time the Revolution will open the season north of the border. New England own a 2-6-2 record in its last 10 season openers. At Gillette Stadium, the club has earned points in all but four of its home openers (9-4-4), and owns a 14-6-4 all-time record in its opening games in Foxborough.
When the Revs host Chicago on March 7, it will mark the earliest home opener in club history - two days earlier than last season's home opener against Columbus on March 9.
The Revolution communications staff will begin accepting applications for 2020 season media credentials in the new year. More information will be distributed at a later date.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from December 5, 2019
- FC Cincinnati Sign Midfielder Haris Medunjanin - FC Cincinnati
- The FC Cincinnati Foundation Generates $1 Million Impact in First Year - FC Cincinnati
- Columbus Crew SC to Host Invitational College Combine this Saturday - Columbus Crew SC
- Atlanta United Re-Signs Jeff Larentowicz - Atlanta United FC
- FC Dallas Acquires Thiago Santos from Palmeiras - FC Dallas
- Earthquakes 2020 Home Opener Set for February 29 vs. Toronto FC - San Jose Earthquakes
- Sounders FC to Open 2020 Season at Home March 1 vs. Chicago - Seattle Sounders FC
- LA Galaxy 2020 MLS Home Opener Set for Saturday, March 7 at Dignity Health Sports Park - LA Galaxy
- Real Salt Lake to Face New York Red Bulls in 2020 Home Opener - Real Salt Lake
- Chicago Fire FC to Kick off 2020 MLS Season on March 1 against Reigning MLS Cup Champions Seattle Sounders FC - Chicago Fire
- Home Openers Announced for 25th Season of Major League Soccer - Nashville SC
- Inter Miami CF to Make Worldwide Debut at LAFC - Inter Miami CF
- Atlanta United Home Opener Set for Saturday, March 7 against FC Cincinnati - Atlanta United FC
- LAFC to Host Expansion Side Inter Miami Cf in 2020 MLS Regular Season Home Opener - Los Angeles FC
- Philadelphia Union Announce 2020 Home Opener - Philadelphia Union
- Orlando City to Host Real Salt Lake in 2020 MLS Season Opener on February 29 - Orlando City SC
- New York Red Bulls Open MLS Season at Home on March 1 - New York Red Bulls
- Vancouver Whitecaps FC to Kick off MLS Regular Season on February 29 - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Toronto FC Home Opener Set for March 7 - Toronto FC
- New England Revolution Announce 2020 Opening Matches - New England Revolution
- Timbers Kick off 10th MLS Season against Minnesota United FC at Providence Park on March 1 - Portland Timbers
- Home Openers Announced for 25th Season of Major League Soccer - MLS
- Impact to Play Home Opener on February 29 at the Olympic Stadium - Club de Foot Montreal
- New York City FC Announces First Three 2020 MLS Matches Including Home Opener against FC Dallas on Saturday, March 14 - New York City FC
- Dynamo Face LA Galaxy for Opening Day Pres. by BBVA on February 29 - Houston Dynamo
- Columbus Crew SC to Host New York City FC for 2020 MLS Opening Match on March 1 - Columbus Crew SC
- FC Dallas Opens 2020 Season against the Philadelphia Union on Saturday, February 29 at Toyota Stadium - FC Dallas
- Minnesota United Announces 2020 Home Opener for 25th Season of MLS - Minnesota United FC
- D.C. United to Play the Colorado Rapids on February 29 in 2020 MLS Home Opener at Audi Field - D.C. United
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New England Revolution Stories
- New England Revolution Introduce "Touches for C.H.A.N.G.E." Program
- New England Revolution Sign Midfielder Emmanuel Boateng
- New England Revolution Sign Veteran Defender A.J. DeLaGarza
- Matt Turner and Henry Kessler Called in to United States Men's National Team's January Camp
- Tajon Buchanan Called up to Canada Men's National Team