Atlanta United Re-Signs Jeff Larentowicz
ATLANTA - Atlanta United announced today it has re-signed free agent midfielder Jeff Larentowicz. A 15-year MLS veteran, Larentowicz made 27 league appearances and 15 starts for Atlanta in 2019 and helped the team win Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup and Campeones Cup titles, scoring a goal in Atlanta's 3-2 win against Club América.
"Jeff has played an important role for our team over the past three seasons and we're pleased to have re-signed him," said Atlanta United Vice President and Technical Director Carlos Bocanegra. "Since joining the club, he has been a consummate professional and his experience and leadership have been invaluable for our group."
The 36-year-old has scored 40 goals and added 23 assists in his MLS career. Larentowicz became just the third field player to reach 400 MLS appearances last season and ranks second in MLS history in appearances (418) and third in starts (386). He has also played in at least 23 games each year since the 2006 MLS season.
His career began with New England Revolution (2005-09) and includes stops with Colorado Rapids (2010-12), Chicago Fire FC (2013-15) and LA Galaxy (2016) before Larentowicz signed with Atlanta as a free agent in December 2016. Along with his extensive MLS experience, Larentowicz also carries a tremendous amount of success as his teams have won the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup (2007, 2019), five MLS Conference Championships (2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2018) and MLS Cup (2010, 2018). He has played in 30 career MLS Cup playoff matches.
Name: Jeff Larentowicz
Birthdate: Aug. 5, 1983 (age: 36)
Birthplace: Pasadena, California
Transaction: Atlanta United signed free agent Jeff Larentowicz on Dec. 5, 2019.
2020 Atlanta United roster (as of Dec. 5, 2019)
Goalkeepers (2): Brad Guzan, Brendan Moore
Defenders (7): George Bello, George Campbell, Franco Escobar, Jon Gallagher*, Brooks Lennon, Leandro Gonzalez Pirez and Miles Robinson
Midfielders (8): Mo Adams, Ezequiel Barco, Andrew Carleton, Luiz Fernando, Julian Gressel, Emerson Hyndman, Jeff Larentowicz and Eric Remedi
Forwards (5): Lagos Kunga, Josef Martinez, Pity Martinez, Dion Pereira, Tito Villalba
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from December 5, 2019
- FC Cincinnati Sign Midfielder Haris Medunjanin - FC Cincinnati
- The FC Cincinnati Foundation Generates $1 Million Impact in First Year - FC Cincinnati
- Columbus Crew SC to Host Invitational College Combine this Saturday - Columbus Crew SC
- Atlanta United Re-Signs Jeff Larentowicz - Atlanta United FC
- FC Dallas Acquires Thiago Santos from Palmeiras - FC Dallas
- Earthquakes 2020 Home Opener Set for February 29 vs. Toronto FC - San Jose Earthquakes
- Sounders FC to Open 2020 Season at Home March 1 vs. Chicago - Seattle Sounders FC
- LA Galaxy 2020 MLS Home Opener Set for Saturday, March 7 at Dignity Health Sports Park - LA Galaxy
- Real Salt Lake to Face New York Red Bulls in 2020 Home Opener - Real Salt Lake
- Chicago Fire FC to Kick off 2020 MLS Season on March 1 against Reigning MLS Cup Champions Seattle Sounders FC - Chicago Fire
- Home Openers Announced for 25th Season of Major League Soccer - Nashville SC
- Inter Miami CF to Make Worldwide Debut at LAFC - Inter Miami CF
- Atlanta United Home Opener Set for Saturday, March 7 against FC Cincinnati - Atlanta United FC
- LAFC to Host Expansion Side Inter Miami Cf in 2020 MLS Regular Season Home Opener - Los Angeles FC
- Philadelphia Union Announce 2020 Home Opener - Philadelphia Union
- Orlando City to Host Real Salt Lake in 2020 MLS Season Opener on February 29 - Orlando City SC
- New York Red Bulls Open MLS Season at Home on March 1 - New York Red Bulls
- Vancouver Whitecaps FC to Kick off MLS Regular Season on February 29 - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Toronto FC Home Opener Set for March 7 - Toronto FC
- New England Revolution Announce 2020 Opening Matches - New England Revolution
- Timbers Kick off 10th MLS Season against Minnesota United FC at Providence Park on March 1 - Portland Timbers
- Home Openers Announced for 25th Season of Major League Soccer - MLS
- Impact to Play Home Opener on February 29 at the Olympic Stadium - Montreal Impact
- New York City FC Announces First Three 2020 MLS Matches Including Home Opener against FC Dallas on Saturday, March 14 - New York City FC
- Dynamo Face LA Galaxy for Opening Day Pres. by BBVA on February 29 - Houston Dynamo
- Columbus Crew SC to Host New York City FC for 2020 MLS Opening Match on March 1 - Columbus Crew SC
- FC Dallas Opens 2020 Season against the Philadelphia Union on Saturday, February 29 at Toyota Stadium - FC Dallas
- Minnesota United Announces 2020 Home Opener for 25th Season of MLS - Minnesota United FC
- D.C. United to Play the Colorado Rapids on February 29 in 2020 MLS Home Opener at Audi Field - D.C. United
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Atlanta United FC Stories
- Atlanta United Announce Year-End Roster Moves
- Atlanta United Announces Provisional Roster for Scotiabank Concacaf Champions League
- Two Atlanta United Players Undergo Successful Post-Season Surgery
- MLS Unveils 2020 Best-Selling Jerseys; Josef Martinez Only Player to Rank Top-Three in Each of the Past Four Seasons
- Atlanta United Drops Regular Season Finale to Columbus Crew SC