Parenty Selected as Postseason All-Star
SCHAUMBURG, IL - The defending Frontier League champion Schaumburg Boomers, are pleased to announce that second baseman Jack Parenty has been named a postseason All-Star as announced by the Frontier League this afternoon.
Parenty, in his second season with the team, moved to the leadoff slot on May 31 at Windy City and has been on base in all but nine games since making the switch. The New York native leads the team with 34 multi-hit performances. Parenty currently owns a batting average of .320, sixth in the league and one of the best marks in team history. Parenty owns 25 RBIs to go with nine doubles, two triples and 10 stolen bases while only striking out 32 times in a team high 344 at bats.
Parenty has drawn 55 walks, tied for fifth in the league. The 55 walks also rank fourth in single season history. Parenty posted a 23-game on base streak earlier this season and is currently in the midst of an eight-game hitting streak. Parenty was also a mid-season All-Star, making the start at second base for the rookie team. Parenty is the fourth player in franchise history to earn a postseason All-Star nod. David Harris was a postseason selection last year.
The Boomers (44-48) play at home for the final time this season tonight at 6:30 p.m. on Fan Appreciation Night featuring postgame fireworks. Don't miss out on the final home night of the season. Make the Boomers part of your plans by calling (847) 461-3695.
• Discuss this story on the Frontier League message board...
Frontier League Stories from August 30, 2018
- Big Inning Leads Miners to Critical Win at River City - Southern Illinois Miners
- East Division Magic Number Down to 1 After 11-Inning Win - Washington Wild Things
- Rascals Fall in Finale to Miners - River City Rascals
- Grizzlies Drop Eighth Straight, Swept by Otters - Gateway Grizzlies
- Otters Sweep Grizzlies to Move into Tie for First Place in Western Division - Evansville Otters
- Boomers Fall in Extras in Home Finale - Schaumburg Boomers
- Beach Bums Split Second Straight Doubleheader - Traverse City Beach Bums
- Lake Erie Crushers Split Double Header - Lake Erie Crushers
- ThunderBolts Split Doubleheader at Lake Erie - Windy City ThunderBolts
- CornBelters Drop Road Finale at Florence - Normal CornBelters
- Freedom Take Mega-Series against Normal - Florence Y'alls
- Freedom Place Three on Post-Season Frontier League Award Winners - Florence Y'alls
- Ben Moore Wins Fran Riordan Award for Citizenship - Southern Illinois Miners
- Beach Bums' Willms Named Broadcaster of the Year - Traverse City Beach Bums
- Parenty Selected as Postseason All-Star - Schaumburg Boomers
- Lake Erie Crushers Win 2018 Frontier League Honors - Lake Erie Crushers
- CornBelters Place 4 on Frontier League Season All-Star Team - Normal CornBelters
- James Harris Named MVP, Thomas Dorminy Named Pitcher of the Year - Washington Wild Things
- Slammers Manager Earns Roger Hanners Award - Joliet Slammers
- Washington Clinches Playoffs with Win Wednesday - Washington Wild Things
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Schaumburg Boomers Stories
- Boomers Stadium to be Re-Named Wintrust Field
- Frontier League Named as Partner League of MLB
- White Sox Select Boomers Stadium as Training Site for the 2020 Season
- Gary SouthShore RailCats, Schaumburg Boomers to Add Black Lives Matters Patches to Team Jerseys
- All-Star Nieporte Returns for 2020