Lake Erie Crushers Win 2018 Frontier League Honors
(Avon: OH) The Lake Erie Crushers, presented by Mercy Health, have captured three prestigious 2018 Frontier League Awards. Crushers Infielder, Aaron Hill, has been named the League's Rookie of the Year, Bench Coach, Emmanuel Quiles, has been named Coach of the Year, and the Crushers have been named the 2018 Frontier League Organization of the Year.
Hill signed with the Crushers out of the University of Connecticut this past off-season. In 91 games, Hill is hitting .296 with 4 home runs and 22 Runs Batted In. He has stolen 13 bases and was also a member of the Frontier League 2018 All-Star team.
Quiles is in his 3rd season as the team's Bench Coach and 3rd base coach. The former Crushers catcher also works with the teams' catchers and was a former San Diego Padres draft pick out of Puerto Rico.
"These are well-deserved honors for Aaron and Emmanuel", commented Crushers Manager Cam Roth. "Aaron has had a tremendous season here in Avon, and Emmanuel is an invaluable member of our team and the entire organization."
This is the 2nd time in team history the Crushers have captured Organization of the Year Honors. The Crushers also won the award in 2011, which is voted upon by all of the Frontier League General Managers.
"We are so incredibly proud of our Front Office Staff", stated Crushers Co-Owner Tom Kramig. "These folks work incredibly hard all year, so to see them receive this recognition from the other Frontier League Organizations, is very gratifying."
With 5 games left in the regular season the Crushers are fighting for the playoff lives. They currently trail the wild card leader by a game and half with a Doubleheader Thursday night and a 3-game series at home against the Washington Wild Things to close the season out. Friday night's Fireworks game will also include a Duck Tape giveaway. Saturday's 6:05 game includes an Austin Carr Bobblehead giveaway, sponsored by The Ohio Lottery, with Mr. Cavalier in attendance to sign autographs. The Presenting Sponsor of Austin Carr Night is Sharon Sweda, American Patriot Title, and Lorenzo Gentile, Gentile Real Estate. Sunday's final regular season game is at 2:05 and is Fan Appreciation Day featuring some great prizes.
The Lake Erie Crushers are located in Avon, Ohio and play in the Frontier League of Independent Professional Baseball (www.frontierleague.com). For more information, you can contact the Crushers at 440-934-3636, visit our website at www.LakeErieCrushers.com, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Images from this story
Lake Erie Crushers bench coach Emmanuel Quiles
Lake Erie Crushers infielder Aaron Hill
• Discuss this story on the Frontier League message board...
Frontier League Stories from August 30, 2018
- Big Inning Leads Miners to Critical Win at River City - Southern Illinois Miners
- East Division Magic Number Down to 1 After 11-Inning Win - Washington Wild Things
- Rascals Fall in Finale to Miners - River City Rascals
- Grizzlies Drop Eighth Straight, Swept by Otters - Gateway Grizzlies
- Otters Sweep Grizzlies to Move into Tie for First Place in Western Division - Evansville Otters
- Boomers Fall in Extras in Home Finale - Schaumburg Boomers
- Beach Bums Split Second Straight Doubleheader - Traverse City Beach Bums
- Lake Erie Crushers Split Double Header - Lake Erie Crushers
- ThunderBolts Split Doubleheader at Lake Erie - Windy City ThunderBolts
- CornBelters Drop Road Finale at Florence - Normal CornBelters
- Freedom Take Mega-Series against Normal - Florence Freedom
- Freedom Place Three on Post-Season Frontier League Award Winners - Florence Freedom
- Ben Moore Wins Fran Riordan Award for Citizenship - Southern Illinois Miners
- Beach Bums' Willms Named Broadcaster of the Year - Traverse City Beach Bums
- Parenty Selected as Postseason All-Star - Schaumburg Boomers
- Lake Erie Crushers Win 2018 Frontier League Honors - Lake Erie Crushers
- CornBelters Place 4 on Frontier League Season All-Star Team - Normal CornBelters
- James Harris Named MVP, Thomas Dorminy Named Pitcher of the Year - Washington Wild Things
- Slammers Manager Earns Roger Hanners Award - Joliet Slammers
- Washington Clinches Playoffs with Win Wednesday - Washington Wild Things
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.