Slammers Manager Earns Roger Hanners Award
Joliet, IL - The Joliet Slammers are proud to announce Slammers Manager Jeff Isom has earned the Roger Hanners Award for Manager of the Year.
This is Isom's third time being awarded the Roger Hanners award. He was also recognized following the 2016 season when he led the Slammers to a 51-45 record and took home the East Division crown. The division title marked the first playoff appearance for the Slammers since 2011 when they took home the championship. Isom was also voted Manager of the Year in 2002 when he was with the Washington Wild Things.
Isom has managed for 19 seasons in the minor leagues, including six years with the Milwaukee Brewers organization. He has managed 11 seasons in the Frontier League, leading the Lake Erie Crushers to a division title and a championship series in 2013. He has taken his team to the playoffs six times. Isom is one of only six managers in the Frontier League history that have over 400 career wins.
The Purdue University-alum was an 18th round draft pick by the Pittsburg Pirates in 1993. He spent seven years in professional baseball as a pitcher. In 2000, Isom began his managerial career with the Canton Crocodiles of the Frontier League.
The Slammers are currently in a tight race to clinch a playoff spot with a record of 51-40. The Slammers are one and half games out of first place in the East Division. They are two and a half games up in the wild card race.
A $20 playoff punch card is available to the first 1,000 buyers. The playoff pass is good for up to six playoff games, the maximum number of home games possible at Joliet Route 66 Stadium.
Fans can purchase the playoff pass at the Slammers Box Office at 1 Mayor Art Schultz Drive, Joliet or by calling 815-722-2287. A full refund will be issued if the Slammers do not make the playoffs. Group pricing and fundraising opportunities are also available for the playoff games.
For tickets or more information, call the Slammers Box Office at 815-722-2287 or visit www.jolietslammers.com.
Images from this story
Joliet Slammers manager Jeff Isom
• Discuss this story on the Frontier League message board...
Frontier League Stories from August 30, 2018
- Big Inning Leads Miners to Critical Win at River City - Southern Illinois Miners
- East Division Magic Number Down to 1 After 11-Inning Win - Washington Wild Things
- Rascals Fall in Finale to Miners - River City Rascals
- Grizzlies Drop Eighth Straight, Swept by Otters - Gateway Grizzlies
- Otters Sweep Grizzlies to Move into Tie for First Place in Western Division - Evansville Otters
- Boomers Fall in Extras in Home Finale - Schaumburg Boomers
- Beach Bums Split Second Straight Doubleheader - Traverse City Beach Bums
- Lake Erie Crushers Split Double Header - Lake Erie Crushers
- ThunderBolts Split Doubleheader at Lake Erie - Windy City ThunderBolts
- CornBelters Drop Road Finale at Florence - Normal CornBelters
- Freedom Take Mega-Series against Normal - Florence Freedom
- Freedom Place Three on Post-Season Frontier League Award Winners - Florence Freedom
- Ben Moore Wins Fran Riordan Award for Citizenship - Southern Illinois Miners
- Beach Bums' Willms Named Broadcaster of the Year - Traverse City Beach Bums
- Parenty Selected as Postseason All-Star - Schaumburg Boomers
- Lake Erie Crushers Win 2018 Frontier League Honors - Lake Erie Crushers
- CornBelters Place 4 on Frontier League Season All-Star Team - Normal CornBelters
- James Harris Named MVP, Thomas Dorminy Named Pitcher of the Year - Washington Wild Things
- Slammers Manager Earns Roger Hanners Award - Joliet Slammers
- Washington Clinches Playoffs with Win Wednesday - Washington Wild Things
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.