Beach Bums' Willms Named Broadcaster of the Year
TRAVERSE CITY, MI - The Traverse City Beach Bums are proud to announce that our radio voice, Tom Willms, has won the Robert Ford Award, naming him the 2018 Frontier League Broadcaster of the Year.
Tom is in his third season as the Beach Bums' Director of Broadcasting/Media, and it's his sixth year in professional baseball. "I am truly honored to receive this award from my peers throughout the Frontier League", Willms said. "The friendship and support from everyone in the league has been amazing. To be chosen by them is quite special. I'd also like to thank the entire staff at Wuerfel Park, and of course, the members of Beach Bums Nation, our great fans."
Are you a lucky person? Do you have that kind of luck where good things just seem to happen to you? If so, then be sure to come out to Wuerfel Park tonight for Casino Night sponsored by Little River Casino! Early entrants into the ballpark will receive a special baseball tote bag provided by Little River Casino, along with the chance to participate in one of our many casino themed between inning games! So I'll ask you one question, do you feel lucky? Join us for this night filled with baseball and betting, zero stakes betting that is, where you'll have chance after chance to win free prizes. And of course, let's not forget, Fridays in 2018 are Fantastic Fireworks Friday out at Wuerfel Park. Fun, games, and a spectacular fireworks show... Who could ask for more! Gates open at 6:00pm -- First pitch set for 7:05pm. For information and tickets, go to TCBeachBums.com or call the office at (231) 943-0100. The front office is open daily on non-gamedays, Monday through Friday at 8:30 am; the box office is open 1:00 PM to 6 PM. Fans may also book online through this website 24/7 however senior discount tickets must be purchased in person.
• Discuss this story on the Frontier League message board...
Frontier League Stories from August 30, 2018
- Big Inning Leads Miners to Critical Win at River City - Southern Illinois Miners
- East Division Magic Number Down to 1 After 11-Inning Win - Washington Wild Things
- Rascals Fall in Finale to Miners - River City Rascals
- Grizzlies Drop Eighth Straight, Swept by Otters - Gateway Grizzlies
- Otters Sweep Grizzlies to Move into Tie for First Place in Western Division - Evansville Otters
- Boomers Fall in Extras in Home Finale - Schaumburg Boomers
- Beach Bums Split Second Straight Doubleheader - Traverse City Beach Bums
- Lake Erie Crushers Split Double Header - Lake Erie Crushers
- ThunderBolts Split Doubleheader at Lake Erie - Windy City ThunderBolts
- CornBelters Drop Road Finale at Florence - Normal CornBelters
- Freedom Take Mega-Series against Normal - Florence Freedom
- Freedom Place Three on Post-Season Frontier League Award Winners - Florence Freedom
- Ben Moore Wins Fran Riordan Award for Citizenship - Southern Illinois Miners
- Beach Bums' Willms Named Broadcaster of the Year - Traverse City Beach Bums
- Parenty Selected as Postseason All-Star - Schaumburg Boomers
- Lake Erie Crushers Win 2018 Frontier League Honors - Lake Erie Crushers
- CornBelters Place 4 on Frontier League Season All-Star Team - Normal CornBelters
- James Harris Named MVP, Thomas Dorminy Named Pitcher of the Year - Washington Wild Things
- Slammers Manager Earns Roger Hanners Award - Joliet Slammers
- Washington Clinches Playoffs with Win Wednesday - Washington Wild Things
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.