Nolin Strikes out 11, Rainiers Drop Sunday Night Match-Up against Aviators
Summerlin, NV - Left-hander Sean Nolin punched out 11 Las Vegas hitters over 4 2/3 innings but the Aviators rallied and defeated the Rainiers on Sunday at Las Vegas Ballpark, 8-1.
Nolin gave up two runs on six hits and two walks in his final start of the campaign. The southpaw had nine strikeouts through the first three frames, and his 11 whiffs are the most in a single game for a Tacoma pitcher since James Paxton accomplished the feat on June 22, 2013 against Fresno.
The lone Rainiers run came on an RBI single off the bat of Jaycob Brugman in the first inning. Tacoma was within a run heading into the bottom of the eighth, but a six-run Las Vegas rally put the contest out of reach.
Eric Filia led the way offensively for Tacoma, going 3-for-4 with a double along with a walk. His three hits improve his batting average to .325 this season. Jordan Pacheco also chipped in for Tacoma, going 2-for-4.
Gerson Bautista also pitched well for the Rainiers, throwing 1 1/3 scoreless innings while limiting Las Vegas to no hits, walking two, and striking out three.
As a collective, Tacoma pushed across their one run in the contest off of eight hits, one of which went for extra bases. The Rainiers also drew five walks from Las Vegas pitchers.
The Rainiers wrap up their 2019 season on Sunday afternoon in Las Vegas at 12:05 p.m. PDT. Right-hander Andrew Moore (0-4) will get the nod in the final contest, and Mike Curto will have full coverage on South Sound Talk 850.
For inquiries regarding season tickets and hospitality options for the upcoming 2020 season, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. The most up-to-date news and notes about the Rainiers throughout the season can be found on WeRTacoma.com, or by following the Rainiers on Twitter (@RainiersLand), on Instagram (@tacomarainiers) and by liking the team on Facebook.
Images from this story
Tacoma Rainiers pitcher Sean Nolin
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from September 2, 2019
- Chihuahuas Doubled up in Season Finale - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Fresno Grizzlies End Season on Six-Game Win Streak - Fresno Grizzlies
- Freemanâ??s big day caps off regular season with a win - Sacramento River Cats
- Isotopes Swept to Close out 2019 - Albuquerque Isotopes
- 2019 Season Finale in the Books - Salt Lake Bees
- Aviators End Regular Season with 3-2 Win over Tacoma - Las Vegas Aviators
- Reno Wins Final Game of 2019, Improves to 10-1 in Final Regular-Season Contests - Reno Aces
- Brugman Homers One Last Time, Rainiers Fall to Las Vegas in Season Finale - Tacoma Rainiers
- Sounds Win Season Finale on Walk-Off - Nashville Sounds
- Missions Lose Finale in 13 Innings - San Antonio Missions
- Redbirds Wrap up 2019 Season - Memphis Redbirds
- Chasers Shut out Express 6-0 in 2019 Finale - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Iowa Outlasts Memphis to End the Regular Season - Iowa Cubs
- Express Fall to Storm Chasers 6-0 in Regular Season Finale - Round Rock Express
- Dodgers Close Season with 10-1 Loss - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Cakes Win Finale - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (65-72) vs. San Antonio Missions (80-59) - Nashville Sounds
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (69-70) at Iowa Cubs (74-65) - Memphis Redbirds
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions at Nashville Sounds - San Antonio Missions
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - September 2, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Aviators Fly Past Tacoma 8-1, Claim Division Title - Las Vegas Aviators
- Nolin Strikes out 11, Rainiers Drop Sunday Night Match-Up against Aviators - Tacoma Rainiers
- Loss Eliminates Chihuahuas - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Grizz roar to fifth straight victory thanks to Difo's walk-off double - Fresno Grizzlies
- Isotopes Fall in Extras to Grizzlies, 7-6 - Albuquerque Isotopes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Tacoma Rainiers Stories
- Rainiers Among Minor League Baseball's Top-25 in Merchandise Sales for Fifth-Straight Year
- Rainiers Giving Tacoma a Taste of Baseball with "Cheneyville Grab N' Go" Drive-Thru
- Seattle Mariners to Utilize Cheney Stadium for "Taxi Squad" Practices, Simulated Games Beginning July 27
- Tacoma Rainiers Statement Regarding Cancelation of 2020 Minor League Baseball Season
- Tacoma Rainiers Hosting Virtual Watch Party for Annual 3rd of July Fireworks Show