Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (65-72) vs. San Antonio Missions (80-59)
Game #138: Nashville Sounds (65-72) vs. San Antonio Missions (80-59)
Pitching Matchup: LHP Wes Benjamin (7-6, 5.52) vs. RHP Carlos Luna (0-0, ---)
First Pitch: 12:05 CST
Radio: 97.5 FM
TV: MiLB TV
At the Park
Gates open at 11:00 a.m.
Kroger Plus Monday - Score a "Family 4-Pack" that includes 4 Select section tickets, 4 hot dogs & 4 fountain sodas for $44 when fans show their Kroger Plus card at the Sounds Ticket Office. Offer is subject to availability.
Labor Day Club Level All-You-Can-Eat Cookout - Tickets start at $60 for a Club Level ticket and includes a ticket to the game, all-you-can-eat buffet on the Budweiser Deck, Budweiser and Bud Light draft beer, soda, water & tea, commemorative Sounds Rally Towel (while supplies last) and exclusive access to the Brauer Club Lounge. The all-you-can-eat-buffet is available from 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. and beer is available until last call.
Fans can enjoy the game from the most luxurious area at First Tennessee Park in the Field Suites directly behind home plate. The Field Suites offer the closest view of the game, a social area behind the seats and a climate-controlled suite with flat-screen TVs. Individual Field Suite tickets start at $40 plus tax.
Fan Appreciation Day - Celebrate the 2019 season finale with $1 hot dogs and $2 & $3 drink specials presented by Pepsi, Eisenberg & Martin's Potato Rolls (while supplies last).
From the Notes
Wes Benjamin: 26-year-old Wes Benjamin starts for the Sounds this afternoon. The left-hander is making his 27th appearance (25th start) of the season and is 7-6 with a 5.52 ERA while covering 130.1 innings. Benjamin has yielded 147 hits and 52 walks to go with 108 strikeouts. Benjamin last pitched on August 28 at Omaha and limited the Storm Chasers to one run in six innings. He walked one and struck out four the quality start. Benjamin spent the majority of his 2018 season with Double-A Frisco where he went 5-6 with a 3.62 ERA in 15 starts. The southpaw spent nearly two months on the disabled list from June 7-July 31 with a left elbow strain. Despite missing time, Benjamin led the Frisco staff in wins and ranked among team leaders in strikeouts (3rd), starts (T3rd) and innings (4th). In his minor league career, Benjamin is 28-24 with a 4.25 ERA while covering 88 games (83 starts). The Rangers drafted the Illinois native in the 5th round of the 2014 MLB Draft out of Kansas University.
The Final Act: Today's game between Nashville and San Antonio is the finale of the 2019 season. Nashville has won five consecutive regular season finales with wins over Memphis in 2018, New Orleans in 2017, Omaha in 2015, Round Rock in 2014 and Iowa in 2013. The regular season finale in 2016 was cancelled due to rain in New Orleans. The last time the Sounds lost on the final day of the regular season was a 2-1 setback to Memphis in 2012.
From Start to Finish: Nashville has five players on today's roster who have been with the team from start to finish. Pitchers Wes Benjamin and Tim Dillard, catcher Jett Bandy and infielders Eli White and Matt Davidson were all on the Opening Day roster and have not gone up or down.
From Nashville to Texas for a Debut: Over the course of the 2019 season, there were 10 players who went from Nashville to Texas for their Major League debut. The list includes: Kyle Bird, Brett Martin, Taylor Hearn, Pete Fairbanks, Phillips Valdez, Locke St. John, Scott Heineman, Pedro Payano, Nick Solak and Brock Burke.
Wes Side Story: Today's starter Wes Benjamin has saved his best work for the latter part of the season. In the month of August, Benjamin is 3-1 with a 3.38 ERA (11 ER/29.1 IP) in 5 games (4 starts). Benjamin has limited Pacific Coast League opponents to a .233 batting average while issuing 8 walks and recording 22 strikeouts. In 17 games (16 starts) before the All-Star break, Benjamin was 4-5 with a 6.84 ERA (59 ER/77.2 IP). In 9 games (8 starts) since the break, the southpaw is 3-1 with a 3.59 ERA (21 ER/52.2 IP).
What's the word around Nashville?
First Tennessee Park (@FirstTNPark)
This is it. Thank you for a fantastic 2019, #Sounds fans! @nashvillesounds vs San Antonio Missions : 12:05 p.m. : atmilb.com/2ESxhc0 : bit.ly/2FZSotz #SoundsRemastered
Jeff Hem (@JeffHemPBP)
What a season finale for @DimothyTillard for the @nashvillesounds. Yet another quality start - his 7th in his last 9. Final line: 7ip, 3r, 7h, 3bb, 9k (125/79). 125 pitches! The man is indestructable. Sounds lead 6-3 T8. #Rangers
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from September 2, 2019
- Chihuahuas Doubled up in Season Finale - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Fresno Grizzlies End Season on Six-Game Win Streak - Fresno Grizzlies
- Freemanâ??s big day caps off regular season with a win - Sacramento River Cats
- Isotopes Swept to Close out 2019 - Albuquerque Isotopes
- 2019 Season Finale in the Books - Salt Lake Bees
- Aviators End Regular Season with 3-2 Win over Tacoma - Las Vegas Aviators
- Reno Wins Final Game of 2019, Improves to 10-1 in Final Regular-Season Contests - Reno Aces
- Brugman Homers One Last Time, Rainiers Fall to Las Vegas in Season Finale - Tacoma Rainiers
- Sounds Win Season Finale on Walk-Off - Nashville Sounds
- Missions Lose Finale in 13 Innings - San Antonio Missions
- Redbirds Wrap up 2019 Season - Memphis Redbirds
- Chasers Shut out Express 6-0 in 2019 Finale - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Iowa Outlasts Memphis to End the Regular Season - Iowa Cubs
- Express Fall to Storm Chasers 6-0 in Regular Season Finale - Round Rock Express
- Dodgers Close Season with 10-1 Loss - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Cakes Win Finale - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (65-72) vs. San Antonio Missions (80-59) - Nashville Sounds
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (69-70) at Iowa Cubs (74-65) - Memphis Redbirds
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions at Nashville Sounds - San Antonio Missions
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - September 2, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Aviators Fly Past Tacoma 8-1, Claim Division Title - Las Vegas Aviators
- Nolin Strikes out 11, Rainiers Drop Sunday Night Match-Up against Aviators - Tacoma Rainiers
- Loss Eliminates Chihuahuas - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Grizz roar to fifth straight victory thanks to Difo's walk-off double - Fresno Grizzlies
- Isotopes Fall in Extras to Grizzlies, 7-6 - Albuquerque Isotopes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Nashville Sounds Stories
- Nashville Sounds Foundation Now Accepting Applications for the 2021 Scholarship Program
- Nashville Sounds Announce "Work from Home Plate" Program at First Horizon Park
- Nashville Sounds Statement on the Affiliate Invitation from the Milwaukee Brewers
- Sounds' 2020 Holiday Bundle on Sale Now
- Nashville Sounds to Host Blood Drive at First Horizon Park