Loss Eliminates Chihuahuas
The Sacramento River Cats shut out the El Paso Chihuahuas 5-0 Sunday in the penultimate game of the Pacific Coast League regular season. It was the fifth time El Paso was shut out this season.
El Paso's loss combined with Sunday night's win by first-place Las Vegas clinched the Southern Division title for the Aviators. The Aviators' playoff appearance ends El Paso's streak of consecutive division at titles at four. Las Vegas will meet Sacramento in the Pacific Conference finals on Wednesday, while the American Conference finals matchup will be Iowa (Cubs' affiliate) vs. Round Rock (Astros' affiliate).
El Paso relievers Emmanuel Ramirez, Travis Radke and Evan Miller all pitched scoreless outings in Sunday's loss. The Chihuahuas' offense was held to four hits, all singles. Sacramento has taken two of the first three games of the series.
Monday is the final game of the Pacific Coast League regular season.
Box Score: https://www.milb.com/gameday/chihuahuas-vs-river-cats/2019/09/01/580256#game_state=live,game_tab=,game=580256
Team Records: El Paso (80-59), Sacramento (72-67)
Next Game: Monday, 2:05 pm at Raley Field. El Paso LHP Jerry Keel (10-7, 6.81) vs. Sacramento LHP Steven Okert (8-2, 5.08). The game will air on 600 ESPN El Paso and www.epchihuahuas.com.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from September 2, 2019
- Chihuahuas Doubled up in Season Finale - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Fresno Grizzlies End Season on Six-Game Win Streak - Fresno Grizzlies
- Freemanâ??s big day caps off regular season with a win - Sacramento River Cats
- Isotopes Swept to Close out 2019 - Albuquerque Isotopes
- 2019 Season Finale in the Books - Salt Lake Bees
- Aviators End Regular Season with 3-2 Win over Tacoma - Las Vegas Aviators
- Reno Wins Final Game of 2019, Improves to 10-1 in Final Regular-Season Contests - Reno Aces
- Brugman Homers One Last Time, Rainiers Fall to Las Vegas in Season Finale - Tacoma Rainiers
- Sounds Win Season Finale on Walk-Off - Nashville Sounds
- Missions Lose Finale in 13 Innings - San Antonio Missions
- Redbirds Wrap up 2019 Season - Memphis Redbirds
- Chasers Shut out Express 6-0 in 2019 Finale - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Iowa Outlasts Memphis to End the Regular Season - Iowa Cubs
- Express Fall to Storm Chasers 6-0 in Regular Season Finale - Round Rock Express
- Dodgers Close Season with 10-1 Loss - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Cakes Win Finale - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (65-72) vs. San Antonio Missions (80-59) - Nashville Sounds
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (69-70) at Iowa Cubs (74-65) - Memphis Redbirds
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions at Nashville Sounds - San Antonio Missions
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - September 2, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Aviators Fly Past Tacoma 8-1, Claim Division Title - Las Vegas Aviators
- Nolin Strikes out 11, Rainiers Drop Sunday Night Match-Up against Aviators - Tacoma Rainiers
- Loss Eliminates Chihuahuas - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Grizz roar to fifth straight victory thanks to Difo's walk-off double - Fresno Grizzlies
- Isotopes Fall in Extras to Grizzlies, 7-6 - Albuquerque Isotopes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent El Paso Chihuahuas Stories
- Chihuahuas Recipient of Baseball America's Triple-A Freitas Award
- MountainStar Sports Group Statement Regarding the Passing of Yolanda Arriola
- El Paso Chihuahuas & El Paso Locomotive Foundations Launch Virtual Toy Drive
- Chihuahuas Win Minor League Baseball's Golden Bobblehead for Best Community Event
- Southwest University Park to Host Movie Night at the Ballpark Presented by Texas Gas Service