New Jersey Signs Melchiori to Two-Way Contract
BINGHAMTON - The New Jersey Devils announced that the club has signed defenseman Julian Melchiori to a two-way contract for the remainder of the 2019-20 season. The announcement came today from New Jersey's Interim General Manager, Tom Fitzgerald.
Melchiori, 28, has 13 points (five goals, eight assists) in 54 games with the Binghamton Devils.
Last season, Melchiori recorded six goals and six assists for 12 points in 54 games with the Springfield Thunderbirds. During the 2017-18 campaign, the native of Richmond Hill, ON served as the alternate captain for the Manitoba Moose and had 14 points in 49 games, along with six points in seven playoff games. Overall, the left-shooting defenseman has 66 points (18 goals, 48 assists) in 378 regular-season AHL games.
The former third-round draft pick of the Atlanta Thrashers has played in 30 National Hockey League games for the Winnipeg Jets.
The Devils are back home next Friday and Saturday night against Hartford and Toronto. Friday is $10 college tickets and DIFD Night to support mental health awareness in the Southern Tier. Saturday gainst Toronto is Heart Cup Night at 4:05 p.m. followed by Binghamton Police and Fire Departments battling it out on the ice. Tickets are available by calling or texting "TICKETS" to 607-722-7367.
Images from this story
Binghamton Senators defenseman Julian Melchiori
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 23, 2020
- San Jose Tops Reign - Ontario Reign
- Barracuda Roll Reign 5-2 - San Jose Barracuda
- Anaheim Ducks Recall Sherwood - San Diego Gulls
- Rampage Top Griffins for Second Straight Win - San Antonio Rampage
- Rampage Get Another One-Goal Win over Griffins - Grand Rapids Griffins
- T-Birds Battle Back for Another Come-From-Behind Win in OT - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Thunderbirds Rally Past Crunch, 3-2, in Overtime - Syracuse Crunch
- Wolves Trounce IceHogs - Chicago Wolves
- P-Bruins Win Fifth Consecutive Game, Top WBS Penguins, 2-1 - Providence Bruins
- Penguins Fall in Final Game of Three-In-Three, 2-1 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Wolf Pack Special against Bridgeport - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Ho-Sang scores lone goal on the power play Sunday afternoon - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Colorado Completes Series of Transactions - Colorado Eagles
- Coyotes Recall Kuemper from Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Flyers Recall Shayne Gostisbehere from Conditioning Loan - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Ottawa Signs Labrie to Two-Way Deal - Belleville Senators
- Monsters Announce Three Roster Moves - Cleveland Monsters
- Dallas Stars Recall Defenseman Taylor Fedun from Texas - Texas Stars
- New Jersey Signs Melchiori to Two-Way Contract - Binghamton Devils
- Game Preview: February 23 Chicago Wolves - Rockford IceHogs
- Minnesota Wild Recalls Belpedio, Mayhew from Iowa - Iowa Wild
- Batherson, Norris, Reassigned to Belleville - Belleville Senators
- Barracuda Doomed by Sluggish Start in San Diego - San Jose Barracuda
- Big Crowd Sees Gulls Win, 6-3 - San Diego Gulls
- Kuempers Conditioning Start Spoiled By Stockton's Special Teams - Tucson Roadrunners
- Condors Stunned in Overtime by Colorado, 5-4 - Bakersfield Condors
- Colorado Completes Epic Rally to Defeat Condors, 5-4 in OT - Colorado Eagles
- Amerks Fall to Monsters in Overtime - Rochester Americans
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.