Coyotes Recall Kuemper from Tucson
GLENDALE, ARIZONA - Arizona Coyotes President of Hockey Operations and General Manager John Chayka announced today that the Coyotes have recalled goaltender Darcy Kuemper from the Tucson Roadrunners, the club's American Hockey League (AHL) affiliate.
The 6-foot-5, 215-pound netminder stopped 26 of 28 shots in his lone appearance with the Roadrunners last night. Kuemper has posted a 15-8-2 record with a 2.17 goals against average (GAA), a .929 save percentage (SV%) and two shutouts in 25 games with Arizona this season. He ranked among the NHL leaders in GAA (second) and SV% (third) at the time of his injury on December 19th.
The Saskatoon, SK native also ranked third in wins (37), second in shutouts (7), tied for third in games played (62), as well as second in SV% (.931) and GAA (2.10) among all NHL goaltenders between Jan. 1- Dec. 19, 2019. He currently owns the best GAA (2.38) and is tied with the best SV% (.923) in franchise history (min. 50 games).
Kuemper has recorded a career record of 95-69-29 with a 2.46 GAA, .918 SV% and 18 shutouts in 211 career games with the Minnesota Wild, Los Angeles Kings and Coyotes.
Kuemper was originally drafted by the Wild in the sixth round (161st overall) in the 2009 Entry Draft.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 23, 2020
- San Jose Tops Reign - Ontario Reign
- Barracuda Roll Reign 5-2 - San Jose Barracuda
- Anaheim Ducks Recall Sherwood - San Diego Gulls
- Rampage Top Griffins for Second Straight Win - San Antonio Rampage
- Rampage Get Another One-Goal Win over Griffins - Grand Rapids Griffins
- T-Birds Battle Back for Another Come-From-Behind Win in OT - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Thunderbirds Rally Past Crunch, 3-2, in Overtime - Syracuse Crunch
- Wolves Trounce IceHogs - Chicago Wolves
- P-Bruins Win Fifth Consecutive Game, Top WBS Penguins, 2-1 - Providence Bruins
- Penguins Fall in Final Game of Three-In-Three, 2-1 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Wolf Pack Special against Bridgeport - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Ho-Sang scores lone goal on the power play Sunday afternoon - Bridgeport Islanders
- Colorado Completes Series of Transactions - Colorado Eagles
- Coyotes Recall Kuemper from Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Flyers Recall Shayne Gostisbehere from Conditioning Loan - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Ottawa Signs Labrie to Two-Way Deal - Belleville Senators
- Monsters Announce Three Roster Moves - Cleveland Monsters
- Dallas Stars Recall Defenseman Taylor Fedun from Texas - Texas Stars
- New Jersey Signs Melchiori to Two-Way Contract - Binghamton Devils
- Game Preview: February 23 Chicago Wolves - Rockford IceHogs
- Minnesota Wild Recalls Belpedio, Mayhew from Iowa - Iowa Wild
- Batherson, Norris, Reassigned to Belleville - Belleville Senators
- Barracuda Doomed by Sluggish Start in San Diego - San Jose Barracuda
- Big Crowd Sees Gulls Win, 6-3 - San Diego Gulls
- Kuempers Conditioning Start Spoiled By Stockton's Special Teams - Tucson Roadrunners
- Condors Stunned in Overtime by Colorado, 5-4 - Bakersfield Condors
- Colorado Completes Epic Rally to Defeat Condors, 5-4 in OT - Colorado Eagles
- Amerks Fall to Monsters in Overtime - Rochester Americans
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.