Nailers Announce Roster Moves
Wheeling, WV - The Wheeling Nailers, the proud AA affiliate of the Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins, have announced several roster moves this week.
Defenseman Lane Caffaro becomes the first Wheeling Nailers player to be called up to the AHL. Caffaro will head back to the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins where he began the season but had yet to play. Caffaro played in 8 games with the Nailers accumulating 2 points and 4 penalty minutes. The Slave Lake, Alberta native went to Union College. 39 Wheeling Nailers have made it to the NHL, most of any ECHL team, and many more have made it to the AHL.
The Nailers have acquired defenseman Cleve Kinley from the Florida Everblades in a trade for future considerations. Kinley played 8 games for Florida scoring 1 goal and 2 assists. The native of Surrey, BC is in his 3rd full season of professional hockey. He played mostly with the Stockton Thunder of the ECHL last year scoring 4 goals and 24 assists in 48 games but he also had a 7 game call-up to Springfield, Mass. of the AHL.
In 2007-08 Kinley mostly played with the Texas Wildcatters of the ECHL where he had 6 goals and 28 helpers and also played 10 games in the AHL with Grand Rapids. The 26 year old Kinley is a product of UMass-Lowell.
Late last week the Nailers acquired forward Chris Davis. The UMass-Amherst product is in his rookie season of professional hockey and played 3 games with the Stockton Thunder of the ECHL. He scored a career high 10 goals and 17 points with UMass-Amherst last year in his senior season. The Simsbury, CT native is 23 years old and checks in at 5'10" and 190 pounds.
The Nailers return to the ice this weekend for back to back games against Johnstown. Friday the Nailers are at Johnstown. They return home Saturday at 7:35 to complete the 3 game series against their rivals. Call the Nailers for tickets at 304-234-GOAL (4625).
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 11, 2009
- Royals Fall In Wild Finish In Johnstown, 6-4 - Reading Royals
- South Carolina Stings Trenton, 6-3 - Trenton Devils
- Everblades Gut Walleye 6-1 - Florida Everblades
- Stingrays Cool Off Devils 6-3 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Jackals Press Release: Jackals Loan Justin Donati To Portland - Elmira Jackals
- Condors Sign C Gino Guyer - Bakersfield Condors
- Goaltender Matt Dalton Assigned To Reading - Reading Royals
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Goaltender Brust Loaned to Blades; D-Man Kinley Traded to Wheeling - Florida Everblades
- Former NHL'er Joins K-Wings - Kalamazoo Wings
- Nailers Announce Roster Moves - Wheeling Nailers
- James Bates Recalled To Springfield - Stockton Thunder
- Walleye Add Bryan Ewing - Toledo Walleye
- Beauchemin Returns From AHL, Nastiuk Released - Idaho Steelheads
- Cyclones Have Cashman Recalled, Jozsa Returned - Cincinnati Cyclones
- MeiGray Group Accepting Orders For 2009-10 ECHL Game-Worn Jerseys - ECHL
- Game Preview: Rays At Trenton Tonight - South Carolina Stingrays
- Salmon Kings Sign Jimmy Sharrow - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Engelland, O Marra Raise ECHL Players In NHL To 417 - ECHL
- Salmon Kings Ink D-Man Salekin - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Going Green With The Stingrays - South Carolina Stingrays
- Ellis Gets Early Morning Wake Up Call - Kalamazoo Wings
- ECHL Today - ECHL
- Condors Knock Off Stockton 3-2 - Bakersfield Condors
- Pitton's 36 Saves Falls Shy, Pokulok Nets Game-Winner - Stockton Thunder
- Wranglers Nipped By Grizzlies, 3-2 - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Grizzlies Battle For 3-2 Win In Las Vegas - Utah Grizzlies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.