Goaltender Brust Loaned to Blades; D-Man Kinley Traded to Wheeling
ESTERO, FL - The Florida Everblades announced that goaltender Barry Brust has been loaned to the club by the Minnesota Wild via the Houston Aeros of the American Hockey League. He is expected to join the team immediately. Brust, a former third round selection of the Minnesota Wild in 2002, appeared in 11 NHL games during the 2006-07 season with the Los Angeles Kings posting a record of 2-4-1 with a GAA of 3.70 and a.878 save percentage.
Over the last two seasons in the AHL, Brust has appeared in 71 contests, earning 33 victories, 27 losses and six ties. Last season, he had a record of 9-9-3 with a GAA of 2.52 and a save percentage of.912 while battling a foot injury that sidelined him for most of the season. During the 2007-08 campaign his record was 24-16-3 with a GAA of 2.27 and a save percentage of.919.
His most successful season statistical was during the 2004-05 season with the Reading Royals. Brust appeared in 42 games, with a record of 27-9-4, while posting a GAA of 1.98 and a save percentage of.928.
In an unrelated transaction, Everblades president and general manager Craig Brush along with head coach Malcolm Cameron announced that defensemen Cleve Kinley has been traded to the Wheeling Nailers for future consideration. Kinley appeared in eight games for the Everblades this season adding one goal and two assists along with four penalty minutes.
Florida Everblades Hockey - Serious Hockey...Serious Fun! The Florida Everblades battle the Toledo Walleye tonight at Germain Arena at 7:30 p.m. Tonights is a "Wet Wednesday" game in which all 20-ounce Budweiser drafts are just $2.00. The 'Blades and Walleye will play two more games at Germain Arena this week on Friday and Saturday night. All the action can be heard on the Everblades new flagship station, Fox Sports Radio, 1200/1460AM and via Sportsjuice at the Everblades website: www.floridaeverblades.com beginning at 7:05 p.m. with the Shoeless Joe's Sports Café pregame show. Everblades hockey on Fox Sports Radio is brought to you by Blu Sushi.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 11, 2009
- Royals Fall In Wild Finish In Johnstown, 6-4 - Reading Royals
- South Carolina Stings Trenton, 6-3 - Trenton Devils
- Everblades Gut Walleye 6-1 - Florida Everblades
- Stingrays Cool Off Devils 6-3 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Jackals Press Release: Jackals Loan Justin Donati To Portland - Elmira Jackals
- Condors Sign C Gino Guyer - Bakersfield Condors
- Goaltender Matt Dalton Assigned To Reading - Reading Royals
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Goaltender Brust Loaned to Blades; D-Man Kinley Traded to Wheeling - Florida Everblades
- Former NHL'er Joins K-Wings - Kalamazoo Wings
- Nailers Announce Roster Moves - Wheeling Nailers
- James Bates Recalled To Springfield - Stockton Thunder
- Walleye Add Bryan Ewing - Toledo Walleye
- Beauchemin Returns From AHL, Nastiuk Released - Idaho Steelheads
- Cyclones Have Cashman Recalled, Jozsa Returned - Cincinnati Cyclones
- MeiGray Group Accepting Orders For 2009-10 ECHL Game-Worn Jerseys - ECHL
- Game Preview: Rays At Trenton Tonight - South Carolina Stingrays
- Salmon Kings Sign Jimmy Sharrow - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Engelland, O Marra Raise ECHL Players In NHL To 417 - ECHL
- Salmon Kings Ink D-Man Salekin - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Going Green With The Stingrays - South Carolina Stingrays
- Ellis Gets Early Morning Wake Up Call - Kalamazoo Wings
- ECHL Today - ECHL
- Condors Knock Off Stockton 3-2 - Bakersfield Condors
- Pitton's 36 Saves Falls Shy, Pokulok Nets Game-Winner - Stockton Thunder
- Wranglers Nipped By Grizzlies, 3-2 - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Grizzlies Battle For 3-2 Win In Las Vegas - Utah Grizzlies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.