MeiGray Group Accepting Orders For 2009-10 ECHL Game-Worn Jerseys
November 11, 2009 - ECHL (ECHL) News Release
PRINCETON, N.J. - The ECHL announced that beginning Wednesday, fans will be able to preorder the game-worn jersey of their favorite player from The MeiGray Group, "The Official Game-Worn Jersey Source of the ECHL."
It marks the eighth consecutive season that fans and collectors can reserve jerseys from their favorite player or team by visiting MeiGray.com or by telephone at (888) 463-4472.
"There's nothing more exciting for a collector than knowing the jersey on a player's back today will be in his or her collection tomorrow," said Barry Meisel, MeiGray President and Chief Operating Officer. "And there's nothing more important than authenticity. We're delighted to be working with the ECHL for the eighth straight season."
"The ECHL is very proud of the fact that our fans have the opportunity to order game-worn jerseys from a company like MeiGray that works with the National Hockey League and the National Basketball Asssociation," said Tara Crane, ECHL Vice President of Marketing and Licensing. "MeiGray is recognized as the top game-worn jersey provider and we are pleased that our fans can confidently place an order knowing they will be receiving an authentic jersey."
The leading distributor of game-worn hockey jerseys, The MeiGray Group sold more than 700 game-worn ECHL jerseys in 2008-09 and has sold more than 3,600 since it became "The Official Game-Worn Jersey Source of the ECHL" in 2002-03.
Each ECHL team will wear one set of home and road jerseys for the first half of the season and another set for the second half. The MeiGray Group, which offers game-worn jerseys from all ECHL teams to hockey fans and sports collectors worldwide, will own the exclusive rights to the jerseys worn during the first half of the season while the teams will own the exclusive rights to jerseys worn for the second half as well as all specialty jerseys.
Game-worn jerseys and game-used pucks from the 2010 Kelly Cup Finals will be available via auction at dates to be announced.
MeiGray also returns as sponsor of the Game-Worn Jersey Charity Auction at the 2010 ECHL All-Star Game presented by Reebok Hockey. The Ninth Annual All-Star Game-Worn Jersey Auction will begin when the puck drops to start the game on Jan. 20, 2010 at 7 p.m. PT while the Seventh Annual All-Star Puck Auction will begin Jan. 21, 2010 at 6 p.m. ET and the Sixth Annual All-Star Game-Worn Skills Competition Jersey Auction and Game-Used Puck Auction will be Feb. 2, 2010 at 6 p.m. ET.
The jerseys worn by the 21 members of the American Conference and the 21 members of the National Conference during the first period of play on Jan. 20, 2010 will be auctioned live during the game simultaneously at Citizens Business Bank Arena and online at ECHL.com and MeiGray.com.
The MeiGray Group, which has sold more than 40,000 game-worn jerseys since its inception in 1997, partners with 14 National Hockey League clubs and directs the NHL-MeiGray Game-Worn Jersey Authentication Program. MGG also partners with the National Basketball Association and eight of its member clubs.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 11, 2009
- Royals Fall In Wild Finish In Johnstown, 6-4 - Reading Royals
- South Carolina Stings Trenton, 6-3 - Trenton Devils
- Everblades Gut Walleye 6-1 - Florida Everblades
- Stingrays Cool Off Devils 6-3 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Jackals Press Release: Jackals Loan Justin Donati To Portland - Elmira Jackals
- Condors Sign C Gino Guyer - Bakersfield Condors
- Goaltender Matt Dalton Assigned To Reading - Reading Royals
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Goaltender Brust Loaned to Blades; D-Man Kinley Traded to Wheeling - Florida Everblades
- Former NHL'er Joins K-Wings - Kalamazoo Wings
- Nailers Announce Roster Moves - Wheeling Nailers
- James Bates Recalled To Springfield - Stockton Thunder
- Walleye Add Bryan Ewing - Toledo Walleye
- Beauchemin Returns From AHL, Nastiuk Released - Idaho Steelheads
- Cyclones Have Cashman Recalled, Jozsa Returned - Cincinnati Cyclones
- MeiGray Group Accepting Orders For 2009-10 ECHL Game-Worn Jerseys - ECHL
- Game Preview: Rays At Trenton Tonight - South Carolina Stingrays
- Salmon Kings Sign Jimmy Sharrow - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Engelland, O Marra Raise ECHL Players In NHL To 417 - ECHL
- Salmon Kings Ink D-Man Salekin - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Going Green With The Stingrays - South Carolina Stingrays
- Ellis Gets Early Morning Wake Up Call - Kalamazoo Wings
- ECHL Today - ECHL
- Condors Knock Off Stockton 3-2 - Bakersfield Condors
- Pitton's 36 Saves Falls Shy, Pokulok Nets Game-Winner - Stockton Thunder
- Wranglers Nipped By Grizzlies, 3-2 - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Grizzlies Battle For 3-2 Win In Las Vegas - Utah Grizzlies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.