Salmon Kings Sign Jimmy Sharrow
Victoria, BC - The Victoria Salmon Kings, proud affiliate of the Vancouver Canucks and Manitoba Moose, announced today that they have signed defenseman Jimmy Sharrow for the 2009-10 season.
The 24-year-old Sharrow joins the Salmon Kings after appearing in four games this season with the ECHL's Wheeling Nailers where he accumulated two points (1g-1a) and two minutes in penalties.
The native of Framingham, Massachusetts spent the 2008-09 season split between the Manitoba Moose and Rockford IceHogs of the American Hockey League (AHL). Sharrow began his campaign in Manitoba playing 17 games for the Moose scoring six points (1g-5a) and tallying four minutes in penalties. Following a trade to the IceHogs the defenseman played in 50 games in Rockford scoring three goals and adding five assists for eight points while serving 40 penalty minutes.
The 6-2, 198 lb. Sharrow spent the entire 2007-08 in Manitoba where he played in 44 games for the Moose registering 22 points (5g-17a) and 26 minutes in penalties. The blueliner's five goals and 22 points were a professional career high.
Sharrow was a member of the AHL's Chicago Wolves in the 2006-07 season where he scored four goals and assisted on14 others for 18 total points in 42 games played while accruing 38 penalty minutes.
The defenseman began his professional career in the 2005-06 where he split time between the AHL's Chicago Wolves and ECHL's Gwinnett Gladiators. Dressing for 23 games in Gwinnett he scored 10 points (3g-7a) and amassed 12 penalty minutes. In 47 total games on call-up to the Wolves Sharrow scored two goals and 17 assists for 19 points with 17 minutes in penalties.
Sharrow was selected by the Atlanta Thrashers in the fourth round (#110 overall) of the 2003 NHL Entry Draft.
For his professional career Sharrow has appeared in 227 games netting 85 points (19g-66a) while accumulating 139 minutes in penalties.
The blueliner had a three-year junior career that was entirely spent with the Halifax Mooseheads of the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League (QMJHL). In 191 career junior games Sharrow notched 30 goals and 71 assists for 101 points while serving 197 penalty minutes. In Sharrow's final year in Halifax he led the team's defenseman in goals, assists, and points.
During the 2001-02 hockey season Sharrow was a member of the U.S. National U-18 Team. In 44 games that year with the national team he gathered eight points (3g-5a) and 28 minutes in penalties.
The Salmon Kings open up a three-game weekend set tonight versus the Ontario Reign with games to follow on Friday, November 13th, and Saturday, November 14th. Puck drop for all three matches is 7:05 p.m. For tickets, call 250-220-7777 or visit www.selectyourtickets.com.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 11, 2009
- Royals Fall In Wild Finish In Johnstown, 6-4 - Reading Royals
- South Carolina Stings Trenton, 6-3 - Trenton Devils
- Everblades Gut Walleye 6-1 - Florida Everblades
- Stingrays Cool Off Devils 6-3 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Jackals Press Release: Jackals Loan Justin Donati To Portland - Elmira Jackals
- Condors Sign C Gino Guyer - Bakersfield Condors
- Goaltender Matt Dalton Assigned To Reading - Reading Royals
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Goaltender Brust Loaned to Blades; D-Man Kinley Traded to Wheeling - Florida Everblades
- Former NHL'er Joins K-Wings - Kalamazoo Wings
- Nailers Announce Roster Moves - Wheeling Nailers
- James Bates Recalled To Springfield - Stockton Thunder
- Walleye Add Bryan Ewing - Toledo Walleye
- Beauchemin Returns From AHL, Nastiuk Released - Idaho Steelheads
- Cyclones Have Cashman Recalled, Jozsa Returned - Cincinnati Cyclones
- MeiGray Group Accepting Orders For 2009-10 ECHL Game-Worn Jerseys - ECHL
- Game Preview: Rays At Trenton Tonight - South Carolina Stingrays
- Salmon Kings Sign Jimmy Sharrow - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Engelland, O Marra Raise ECHL Players In NHL To 417 - ECHL
- Salmon Kings Ink D-Man Salekin - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Going Green With The Stingrays - South Carolina Stingrays
- Ellis Gets Early Morning Wake Up Call - Kalamazoo Wings
- ECHL Today - ECHL
- Condors Knock Off Stockton 3-2 - Bakersfield Condors
- Pitton's 36 Saves Falls Shy, Pokulok Nets Game-Winner - Stockton Thunder
- Wranglers Nipped By Grizzlies, 3-2 - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Grizzlies Battle For 3-2 Win In Las Vegas - Utah Grizzlies
Other Recent Victoria Salmon Kings Stories
- Royals' Pink In The Rink Almost Sold Out
- Former Salmon Kings' General Manager & Head Coach Named to Winnipeg Jets' AHL Staff
- Salmon Kings Withdraw from ECHL
- Salmon Kings' Season Ends with Game 4 Loss
- Alaska takes 3-0 series lead with 6-2 victory over Victoria