Goaltender Matt Dalton Assigned To Reading
Reading, PA - The Reading Royals of the ECHL, affiliate of the Toronto Maple Leafs and Boston Bruins of the National Hockey League and the Toronto Marlies of the American Hockey League, today announced that goaltender Matt Dalton has been assigned by the Boston Bruins from the Providence Bruins of the AHL to the Royals. In a separate transaction, forward Gavin Morgan was returned to the Royals from the Hershey Bears of the AHL. In another transaction announced today, the Royals released forward Chris Stevens.
Dalton (6'1/189), a first year pro from Clinton, Ontario, appeared in four games for Providence and compiled a record of 0-3-1-0 with a 3.89 goals against average and a.889 save percentage. Last season, Dalton led the Bemidji State University Beavers to the first NCAA Frozen Four appearance in school history. In doing so, the sixteenth seeded Beavers became the lowest seeded team in NCAA tournament history to reach the Frozen Four. Morgan has played five games for the Bears this year and has registered seven penalty minutes, including a fighting major incurred in a tilt with the Portland Pirates' Felix Schutz last Friday night. Stevens appeared in seven games for the Royals this year without registering a point.
The Royals are in Johnston, Pennsylvania tonight (Wednesday, November 11 @ 7:35 pm) where the team will face the Johnstown Chiefs for the third time this year. Wednesday's broadcast time is 7:00 pm on the Royals Radio Network presented by Transmissions by Arbogast. To become a part of Royals hockey, call 610-898-PUCK or log onto www.royalshockey.com.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 11, 2009
- Royals Fall In Wild Finish In Johnstown, 6-4 - Reading Royals
- South Carolina Stings Trenton, 6-3 - Trenton Devils
- Everblades Gut Walleye 6-1 - Florida Everblades
- Stingrays Cool Off Devils 6-3 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Jackals Press Release: Jackals Loan Justin Donati To Portland - Elmira Jackals
- Condors Sign C Gino Guyer - Bakersfield Condors
- Goaltender Matt Dalton Assigned To Reading - Reading Royals
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Goaltender Brust Loaned to Blades; D-Man Kinley Traded to Wheeling - Florida Everblades
- Former NHL'er Joins K-Wings - Kalamazoo Wings
- Nailers Announce Roster Moves - Wheeling Nailers
- James Bates Recalled To Springfield - Stockton Thunder
- Walleye Add Bryan Ewing - Toledo Walleye
- Beauchemin Returns From AHL, Nastiuk Released - Idaho Steelheads
- Cyclones Have Cashman Recalled, Jozsa Returned - Cincinnati Cyclones
- MeiGray Group Accepting Orders For 2009-10 ECHL Game-Worn Jerseys - ECHL
- Game Preview: Rays At Trenton Tonight - South Carolina Stingrays
- Salmon Kings Sign Jimmy Sharrow - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Engelland, O Marra Raise ECHL Players In NHL To 417 - ECHL
- Salmon Kings Ink D-Man Salekin - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Going Green With The Stingrays - South Carolina Stingrays
- Ellis Gets Early Morning Wake Up Call - Kalamazoo Wings
- ECHL Today - ECHL
- Condors Knock Off Stockton 3-2 - Bakersfield Condors
- Pitton's 36 Saves Falls Shy, Pokulok Nets Game-Winner - Stockton Thunder
- Wranglers Nipped By Grizzlies, 3-2 - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Grizzlies Battle For 3-2 Win In Las Vegas - Utah Grizzlies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.