Beauchemin Returns From AHL, Nastiuk Released
(Boise, ID) - Goaltender Rejean Beauchemin has been returned to the Idaho Steelheads by the AHL's Manitoba Moose and will join the team on its upcoming road trip.
In a related move, backup goaltender Kevin Nastiuk has been released by Idaho.
Beauchemin was loaned to Manitoba on October 29. The 24-year-old made 22 saves in his lone start with Manitoba. He returns to Idaho with the ECHL's best goals-against average (1.67) and save percentage (.940). He's also tied for tenth in the league in wins (3) despite playing just three games for Idaho prior to being loaned to the Moose.
Nastiuk made one start for the Steelheads, manning the net in Idaho's 7-2 win at Utah on November 6.
Beauchemin and the Steelheads travel to Stockton this weekend for three games against the Thunder. Each of the three games - Friday, Saturday, and Sunday -- will be broadcast live on KTIK-AM (1350) in the Treasure Valley as well as online via the B2 Network at www.idahosteelheads.com.
The Steelheads are next on the Qwest Arena ice on Wednesday, November 18, when they host the Victoria Salmon Kings. Tickets are available at the Qwest Arena box office or by calling 208.331.TIXS. Full-season and partial-season ticket plans remain available as well. Contact the Steelheads front office at 208.383.0080 or log on to www.idahosteelheads.com for more information.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 11, 2009
- Royals Fall In Wild Finish In Johnstown, 6-4 - Reading Royals
- South Carolina Stings Trenton, 6-3 - Trenton Devils
- Everblades Gut Walleye 6-1 - Florida Everblades
- Stingrays Cool Off Devils 6-3 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Jackals Press Release: Jackals Loan Justin Donati To Portland - Elmira Jackals
- Condors Sign C Gino Guyer - Bakersfield Condors
- Goaltender Matt Dalton Assigned To Reading - Reading Royals
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Goaltender Brust Loaned to Blades; D-Man Kinley Traded to Wheeling - Florida Everblades
- Former NHL'er Joins K-Wings - Kalamazoo Wings
- Nailers Announce Roster Moves - Wheeling Nailers
- James Bates Recalled To Springfield - Stockton Thunder
- Walleye Add Bryan Ewing - Toledo Walleye
- Beauchemin Returns From AHL, Nastiuk Released - Idaho Steelheads
- Cyclones Have Cashman Recalled, Jozsa Returned - Cincinnati Cyclones
- MeiGray Group Accepting Orders For 2009-10 ECHL Game-Worn Jerseys - ECHL
- Game Preview: Rays At Trenton Tonight - South Carolina Stingrays
- Salmon Kings Sign Jimmy Sharrow - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Engelland, O Marra Raise ECHL Players In NHL To 417 - ECHL
- Salmon Kings Ink D-Man Salekin - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Going Green With The Stingrays - South Carolina Stingrays
- Ellis Gets Early Morning Wake Up Call - Kalamazoo Wings
- ECHL Today - ECHL
- Condors Knock Off Stockton 3-2 - Bakersfield Condors
- Pitton's 36 Saves Falls Shy, Pokulok Nets Game-Winner - Stockton Thunder
- Wranglers Nipped By Grizzlies, 3-2 - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Grizzlies Battle For 3-2 Win In Las Vegas - Utah Grizzlies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Idaho Steelheads Stories
- Steelheads Announce 2019-20 Promotional Schedule
- Steelheads Host Preseason Meeting with Utah Grizzlies on October 5
- Forward Joe Basaraba Returns to Steelheads for 2019-20 Season
- Forward Conner Bleackley Joins Steelheads for 2019-20 Season
- Defenseman Brady Norrish Re-Joins Steelheads for 2019-20 Season