Former NHL'er Joins K-Wings
Kalamazoo, MI- The Kalamazoo Wings, proud member of the ECHL and affiliate of the Philadelphia Flyers and San Jose Sharks of the National Hockey League, announce the signing of forward Ben Simon; per team policy, the terms of the contract will be undisclosed.
An 11-year pro, Simon was a 5th round selection (110th overall) of the Chicago Blackhawks in the 1997 NHL Entry Draft.
With 81 NHL games under his belt, Simon played part of three seasons in the NHL with the Atlanta Thrashers and the Columbus Blue Jackets.
Except for last season, when Simon was a member of the Iserlohn Roosters (DEL) one of the top European leagues, the remainder of his career has been spent in the NHL, American Hockey League or the original International Hockey League.
A four-year standout at the University of Notre Dame, Simon posted 130 points (44 goals, 86 assists) in 144 games for the Irish.
The K-Wings will return to Wings Stadium Friday, November 13th with a 7:30 p.m. encounter versus the Cincinnati Cyclones. The game on November 13th will also be the K-Wings first Frugal Fan Friday, which features $1 beer and $1 hot dogs.
Single-game tickets for any regular season home game are currently on sale at the Wings Stadium Ticket Office. Ticket Office hours are Monday-Friday 10 a.m.-6 p.m. and Saturday 10 a.m.-2 p.m. For more information, call Wings Stadium Ticket Office during regular business hours at (269) 345-5101.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 11, 2009
- Royals Fall In Wild Finish In Johnstown, 6-4 - Reading Royals
- South Carolina Stings Trenton, 6-3 - Trenton Devils
- Everblades Gut Walleye 6-1 - Florida Everblades
- Stingrays Cool Off Devils 6-3 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Jackals Press Release: Jackals Loan Justin Donati To Portland - Elmira Jackals
- Condors Sign C Gino Guyer - Bakersfield Condors
- Goaltender Matt Dalton Assigned To Reading - Reading Royals
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Goaltender Brust Loaned to Blades; D-Man Kinley Traded to Wheeling - Florida Everblades
- Former NHL'er Joins K-Wings - Kalamazoo Wings
- Nailers Announce Roster Moves - Wheeling Nailers
- James Bates Recalled To Springfield - Stockton Thunder
- Walleye Add Bryan Ewing - Toledo Walleye
- Beauchemin Returns From AHL, Nastiuk Released - Idaho Steelheads
- Cyclones Have Cashman Recalled, Jozsa Returned - Cincinnati Cyclones
- MeiGray Group Accepting Orders For 2009-10 ECHL Game-Worn Jerseys - ECHL
- Game Preview: Rays At Trenton Tonight - South Carolina Stingrays
- Salmon Kings Sign Jimmy Sharrow - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Engelland, O Marra Raise ECHL Players In NHL To 417 - ECHL
- Salmon Kings Ink D-Man Salekin - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Going Green With The Stingrays - South Carolina Stingrays
- Ellis Gets Early Morning Wake Up Call - Kalamazoo Wings
- ECHL Today - ECHL
- Condors Knock Off Stockton 3-2 - Bakersfield Condors
- Pitton's 36 Saves Falls Shy, Pokulok Nets Game-Winner - Stockton Thunder
- Wranglers Nipped By Grizzlies, 3-2 - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Grizzlies Battle For 3-2 Win In Las Vegas - Utah Grizzlies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.